What's new

Employee struck at "La Feria" Holiday Fair, Park refuses to close for the day

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Some pretty sickening ****. An employee at a holiday fair held in San Juan, Puerto Rico was struck by a ride but the worse part is that the park continues to operate as normal despite the incident. According to Telemundo, the worker had 30 years of experience in the fair industry

From Telemundo:
Authorities reported on the death of an employee at La Feria: The Park on the parking lot at Hiram Bithorn Stadium, Hato Rey. According to preliminary information, the employee was impacted by the movement of one of the attractions, dying on the scene. The victim was an American who had been working in the industry for 30 years. The producer of "La Feria" explained to Telenoticias that the employee slipped from the machine when he placed the harness to a visitor. The machine, where the events occurred, is known as "Sky Fall" - a kind of giant swing. The staff of the San Juan Division of Homicide is investigating.

Source: http://www.telemundopr.com/noticias/destacados/Noticia-de-ultima-hora-408327135.html

C0uOYrqUkAA9psc.jpg:large

THE_PARK_435.JPG

A tweet from a reporter of Telemundo confirming La Feria will remain open for the rest of the night.

Thoughts?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That is truly terrible. Talk about disrespect!

My guess is that the family sues and the park won't reopen for the rest of the season, and probably won't reappear again.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Eh..... don't call me heartless but... When parks, like real amusement parks, in the US have deaths. They don't close. I'm not sure why people think a fair would really be any different. It might be tasteless.... but it's still a business.

I myself, have been at an amusement park when a death occurred on a major roller coaster. The ride in question and rides in the immediate area were closed soon after but the rest of the park continued to operate. The park also reopened the next day, minus that one attraction. I left soon after the incident but the park did continue to operate for the rest of the day.