Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Voyage

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Balder

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I know El Toro vs. The Voyage has been done before, but seeing as more people have ridden both, or at least one of them, I think it's fair that I start up this poll.

I put Balder in there too just to make the poll a little different to the last one, and seeing that these 3 are/have been widely considered to be the best wooden coasters in the world. Also, the last poll is really old and I didn't want to bring it back up.

So, what do you think?

It doesn't matter if you haven't ridden any of them, just say what you think by looks.

youthink?

Roller Poster
Hmm this is a tough one. El Toro for me just because of the extreme airtime, extremely steep first drop, lots of twists and turns in the second half. Voyage looks incredible as well, such a long and intense ride. I haven't really researched Balder that much, but of a video I saw of it it looks like an airtime filled ride. So El Toro is my choice.

Tony

Hyper Poster
They all look great.

Balder looks fun with all the turns and airtime hills but a bit repetitive.

Voyage looks amazing with all the hills, the tunnels and the very long lenght and it just keeps it's speed all the way through. I hear it's rough though but to me it looks like the 2nd best woodie in the world.

El Toro just looks insane with the insane airtime and the awesome twister section, the whole ride looks great and to me looks the best of the 3 and I think it looks like the best woodie in the world.

Echoes

Mega Poster
These are probably the three top woodies in the world. What a poll.. :p

Balder looks like it has a fantastic first drop and some killer, prefab-smooth airtime, but is maybe a little small to be my favorite.

The Voyage looks unbelievable. Long, huge, great air, terrained, great turns, and brilliant pacing all make your mouth water. However, some people call it a bit rough, but roughness usually doesn't bother me.

Toro......what can be said? Gigantic coaster, fast, ejector-filled ride with an insane first drop. More great pacing and nonstop airtime make this ride, dare I say, possibly the best coaster in the world.

So for me, it's nearly a toss-up between Voyage and Toro...but you can give Toro the edge because nobody can fault its ride, whereas some complain about The Voyage's roughness. Can't say for sure until I've ridden all three though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Why is Balder even there? :p

Based entirely from how people describe them, it's currently Voyage for me since i've not ridden any of them. But i worry about how voyage will age. :( If i could pick one coaster in the world to ride right now it would be Voyage.

Toro's better built and isn't going to become crap before i get a chance to ride it. Although it might just not open. :p

But yeah i don't really give a damn about Balder and never really have, Toro doesn't really interest me that much either. Vertical got boring years ago. I know Toro is going to be amazing... but Voyage just goes on and on and on and omg on and on. <3

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
I choose the Voyage because to date, my only experience of an Intamin Woodie was a disappointment.

One of the (multiple) problems with Balder was that it was just too smooth. Whilst I don't generally like painful rides (see Colossus for further reading) if they are as fun to ride as the Ultimate or King Solomon's Mines then its forgiveable. This is why I think I'd find the apparent pain of the Voyage acceptable - because its part of the charm of a woodie.

Balder was very smooth, which is not necessarily a problem (after all I am a B&M fanboy) but the layout was actually terrible after the impressive first drop. I rather suspect El Toro might be the same, a few great moments (drop, hill over RT) in between periods of smooth, lifeless mediocrity.

Voyage for me, even though I've only ridden one (which I'd place third)

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I haven't ridden any of them but I know from most people that El Toro is their favorite woodie. But I've seen POV's for all 3 of them and I think that The Voyage looks the best.

So The Voyage.

mewantcandy2

Mega Poster
The airtime in the back of El Toro is really the most insane airtime in the world. The hill over rolling thunder is so intense that it hurts.

Of course I'm picking toro.

Voyage, from what I've heard, is a great ride but hurts so bad.

Snoo

The Legend
1. El Toro
2. Voyage

I'ma leave off Balder, but i've heard back and forth reviews about it.. and for the most part, i've heard positive about Toro and Voyage.. the two i've ridden.

El Toro = the most intense and insane airtime i've ever had. UC put it best.. go up a few posts to see.

Voyage is just as crazy, but it does beat the hell out of you.. in a fun way though. I really enjoyed Voyage, much more then i've heard from some. It gave insane airtime, floater and ejector.. from all over the train. The turns are incredible... underground elements are amazing. Really a 10/10 IMO.

The one thing that puts Toro over Voyage is the smoothness factor. Other then that, both are amazing rides.

I've only ridden Toro out of the three, but even if I hadn't ridden Toro I would probably decide that it looks like the best out of the bunch.

Ever since Toro opened I knew it looked amazing, but until you ride it you don't really get a sense of how ****ing amazing it actually is. The airtime is superb, it's super, super smooth, and the whole ride is just crazy intense.

Voyage I'd probably pick second, and Balder third.

Dom

Roller Poster
I'll go for The Voyage. Just because El Toro looks amazing, butter smooth airtimeaplenty certain, but after riding the Ultimate and loving it for being physically exhausting to ride, but still incredible (which the Voyage is apparently) rough can add to the thrill and intensity.

Divv

Roller Poster
Has anyone on CF actually ridden all three so that they can give an informed opinion?

Oh wait - I have! :lol:

The three of them are fantastic rides, they actually make up my top three coasters.

Here's how I rank them:

1. Balder
2. El Toro
3. Voyage

My best ride on Voyage (last row right at the end of the day) was better than my best ride on El Toro but I also had quite a few rides in different rows during the day on Voyage that weren't so great - not as much air and pretty brutal too. But at night in the back row Voyage is amazing, I didn't notice the brutality at all during those insane night rides.

El Toro and Balder are VERY similar experiences, for me El Toro starts to die off once the twisty section at the end kicks in I prefer the extra airtime hills that balder gives.

So yeah three amazing woodies but take it from someone who's ridden all three - Balder's the best.