What's new

Eight hospitalized in Tennessee flat ride accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
http://abc7.com/news/2-adults-6-childre ... n/1498190/

So pretty much the ride did what it was supposed to do, it could tell something was wrong so safely e-stopped, the stupid :donswear: ride op had seen one too many non-news stories and panicked, released the restraints, and now seven people were hospitalized and he was taken as well because he was in shock coming to terms with the fact that he's a **** moron.

People often wonder why I dislike southern people. This is precisely why, they're stupid.

Snoo

The Legend
Jarrett said:
People often wonder why I dislike southern people. This is precisely why, they're stupid.
What a stupid generalization Jarrett. That's like saying I don't like people from Dayton because of douche bags like you. I'd say don't be a tool, but that's impossible.

All that being said, I hope the people are ok. Accidents happen, even more so during fairs and such. That's why they need better training for these operators to avoid problems such as this.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've got to agree with Snoo on this one. People from Daytona are stupid for making generalizations.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What a great way to spoil a perfectly good post... :roll:

Thankfully it sounds like none of the injuries are too serious. This is the kind of thing that could have ended really badly with people being thrown under the ride etc.

Lofty

CF Legend
Instead of just stating what happened, you had to throw your c*nty 2p in, good going...

Accidents like this are shocking and sad, but with more and more accidents happening in the world and with the level of training travelling rides have to situations like this, is there more to come? Let's hope not.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I was actually going to this fair yesterday, but our group cancelled since the whole fair looked shoddy.

Jarrett said:
As a person from this area, this just makes you sound stupid. I could list the many reasons why I, and many of my friends, are not stupid. However, I'm not going to waste my time, just think twice before saying something like that.

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
He probably wasn't an idiot, like you said he panicked and when people panic they rush decisions, he probably did what he thought was right. He probably hadn't had as much training as he should have.... There's literally no reason here to be a douche.

Jarrett

Meeting one person from Dayton and saying all of us are stupid because of one generalization is stupid, particularly when that one person from Dayton isn't generalizing. Sample size is the key here, folks.

It isn't a generalization, it's an observation. My dad's family is from Nashville and my parents like to vacation in cities on the southeastern coast, I've been going to the south all my life, and based on what I've observed, the people there are nothing short of garbage. My dad's family is absolutely awful, the neighborhood they live in is full of mentally ill people and druggies, and they all demonstrate a complete lack of morals or common sense. Anybody who's been to a park that has southern people as part of their demographic has probably seen the idiots dragging their knuckles around Dollywood/Holiday World/Carowinds clad in camo speaking with a stupid accent that makes them sound like the inbred devolved excuse for a degenerate human being they are. Not to mention that as of recently, someone I found was helping with efforts to stalk me was from Texas and threw a major fit and skipped school because I called him out on it. I have two coworkers that are southern at my job and I hate them, both of them are awful and treat everyone else like crap. I've been around them plenty and yet never met one I liked. I don't like them, I never have liked them, and I never will like them.

Now we were discussing the accident and I listed this as a potential cause. We also have poor training listed as a factor, in which case the fair company is at fault. But anybody who pushes a button to release a ride that's in motion clearly lacks any sort of common sense. And if you're a ride op and don't understand the purpose of an e-stop, you need fired.

As I say, stupidity is the number one killer of people at amusement parks. Clearly this was the case, and in getting to the source of the stupidity, I blame location. If anybody has any concrete, actual points to contradict this let's discuss it.

Dave

CF Legend
Jarrett said:
Now we were discussing the accident and I listed this as a potential cause. We also have poor training listed as a factor, in which case the fair company is at fault. But anybody who pushes a button to release a ride that's in motion clearly lacks any sort of common sense. And if you're a ride op and don't understand the purpose of an e-stop, you need fired.

As I say, stupidity is the number one killer of people at amusement parks. Clearly this was the case, and in getting to the source of the stupidity, I blame location. If anybody has any concrete, actual points to contradict this let's discuss it.

Excuse me Jarrett, everyone reacts different to situations, he probably as the article stated panicked and made a poor judgement call on what to do. It sounds like human error, and yes he probably lost his job over the incident.

Also that massive essay of a post prior to that quote, what on earth was your justification of posting that? It's horrendously bigoted.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jarrett said:
It isn't a generalization, it's an observation.
A generalization is an observation.

Jarrett said:
Sample size is the key here, folks..
Your logic flow is based on random relationships in your life of people you don't like who live below the Mason-Dixon Line. Maybe your sample size isn't significant?

Everyone agrees this was a dumb, tragic accident. That's not the issue - what's the issue is your ability to make sweeping, crude generalizations.

Jarrett

^The thing is, I made this thread to discuss the accident, not my personal beliefs about a certain culture I dislike. Now I did mention it as a factor, but I didn't make the whole thread about it.

If anybody has an issue with how I feel then PM me and I'll be glad to show you why I think they're scum. But for now, I refuse to discuss anything but the accident on here.

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
You're really gross and you think you can generalise an entire group of people based on some experiences of your own? That's how hatred breeds.

Also added to the fact that you include mentally ill people to fight your corner as to why they're stupid is just unbelievable.

Your entire post is filled with stereotyping and hatred, and to be honest you do need to just go away.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jarrett said:
^The thing is, I made this thread to discuss the accident, not my personal beliefs about a certain culture I dislike. Now I did mention it as a factor, but I didn't make the whole thread about it.
No, it doesn't work that way. You created the thread, and you stated your personal beliefs in the context of the accident.

Everything you post, everything you say, you are liable for. Don't play the victim if you are not ready to face the consequences of your statements.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
What you've done is show your true colors that can not be hidden by any type of excuse. I believe that I speak for the majority of our members when I say that I feel that bigots like yourself have no place on our Forums, however we do not discriminate against anyone and you are free to continue to post unless you go against our guidelines (which you haven't done so far). Just keep in mind that you are no longer welcome by many of us and will likely have to deal with comments that reflect such.

kimahri

CF Legend
popcorn-blank.gif

Dar

Hyper Poster
Comments that demonise mentally ill people are precisely why I hate Americans. Always have, always will.

(</s>, should clarify that I strongly disagree with everything in the OP and the "defence" post after.)

I always felt a bit bad when people piled on to Jarrett, now...not so much.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Jarrett said:
If anybody has an issue with how I feel then PM me and I'll be glad to show you why I think they're scum. But for now, I refuse to discuss anything but the accident on here.

Why am I scum? Why are most of the people I know scum? My cousin, from the south, went to Yale and made a 36 on his ACT. Is he dumb? A good friend of mine is currently raising money and donating over $1000 to St Jude's because their infant cousin has cancer. Are they scum? You say you have a large sample size, but, no, you **** don't. There are a lot of bad people here in the south, but there are also lots of bad people in Ohio I bet. Sometimes the people here annoy me sure, but the people here I've met are among the kindest one could meet. The sheer amount of great people around here I know personally proves you wrong. Your argument is about sample size. No one on this site has a larger one of southern people than me I bet.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Take his entire rant, replace Southern with Jewish, and you have a speech Hitler wouldn't be so bold to say.

Bravo.

And before you say it, Tom's fat, hahaha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RCF

Strata Poster
ECG said:
What you've done is show your true colors that can not be hidden by any type of excuse. I believe that I speak for the majority of our members when I say that I feel that bigots like yourself have no place on our Forums, however we do not discriminate against anyone and you are free to continue to post unless you go against our guidelines (which you haven't done so far). Just keep in mind that you are no longer welcome by many of us and will likely have to deal with comments that reflect such.

Laying down the law. It is lucky that no one was seriously hurt by an impulse, in the moment decision.

Also as someone from the South who has family members that struggle with mental disabilities, the 1860's called they want their bigot back.

Status
Not open for further replies.