What's new

Eid day at Chessington sparks RAGE

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Was looking on Chessies Facebook page and theres someone moaning about the "Muslim day".

Note it's on Nov 9th, when the park is closed. Note anyone can go, should they wish.

What do you guys think? Is this any different to a corporate hire? Surely, since it's open to anyone, it's BETTER than a corporate hire?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Sounds similar to that 2007(?) incident Alton had which I still see posted in RAGE across my Facebook timeline at least once a week. I still have to keep reminding people that the article is 6 years old and the event never happened and was never 'exclusively' for those of Islamic faith...

I remember when there was a big Christian concert day/thing at Alton every year for many years and nobody complained. I don't see why people make such a fuss about such things just because a group of people with a certain religious affiliation have hired out the venue and are having an event open for all...

Smithy

Strata Poster
THEY WOULDNT DO IT FOR CHRISTIANS OR JEWS

APARTHEID IN 2013

LOOKS LIKE IM NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO CHESSINGTON ON THE 9TH

DISGRACEFUL, IF I WANTED A WHITE BRITISH DAY ID BE CALLED A RACIST NO SURRENDER

etc...

Yeah, the Alton one got far more grief (was going on for at least a week, I got banned on Twitter for 'numerous unsolicited messages in which I was correcting/abusing people moaning about it), this one hasn't been too bad with only a few morons complaining.

samreenkhud

Roller Poster
Eid-Al-Fitr is one of the major holidays of Islam. It comes at the end of the holy month of Ramadan and celebrates the end of the fasting. The holiday comes on the first day of the 10th month in the Islamic lunar calendar.

Mark

Strata Poster
Of for the love of humanity... FFS...

If it was during the actual season and was made completely exclusive to a certain group of people then I could understand the offence tbh but it isn't! It is like when they did the 'gay' days. People were making out like they were gonna turn the straights away at the gate which was NEVER the case despite what the media may have reported. These 'special' days are actually a great way of supporting and exploring culture and our differences and opening them up to the masses (ie not being exclusive) encourages acceptance and for people to come and maybe even learn something.

I seem to recall that the Alton Towers incident back in 2007 was merely the way the media reported it as appose to the event that was planned?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye it was never made clear in the Sun article (that has been brought back up recently by EDL louts) that the park would be shut and it was a private event anyway, so it was full of complaints and arguments about how they'd be turned away at the gate for being non-muslim.

Mark

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Aye it was never made clear in the Sun article (that has been brought back up recently by EDL louts) that the park would be shut and it was a private event anyway, so it was full of complaints and arguments about how they'd be turned away at the gate for being non-muslim.

One of the many reasons I despise the mainstream tabloid media. It actually riles up soooo many problems.

Quite frankly, Im gonna save up and have a 'gays who wear glasses, who love 'fashion', Steps, Abba, The Spice Girls, Eminem and a ridiculous obsession with Disney' day... and then tell the rest of you to piss off when they lock the gates behind me...