What's new

Efteling | Spookslot Replacement | Intamin Dynamic Motion Stage | 2024

Ethan

Strata Poster
To save most of us having to translate it, basically...
Management at the park are disappointed that some images have been leaked and they're not sure how it happened. They've said "leaked information is not always correct" but that it's also nice to see that people are so excited to discuss the new attraction.

cookie

Giga Poster
It’s Spookslot’s last week of operation and dirt has already been dug in the area between it and Max & Moritz. Looks like they’re getting ready to tear it out as soon as next week.

E421BB37-4AE1-4C03-806C-29DD9C7B351A.jpeg

Pic taken by me just an hour ago.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
The first 'Making of' video is here, and it's looking excellent!

Also, this was the thumbnail before the video loaded...

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 09.33.15.png

And a screen shot to back it up - in the video, each individual set of seats seems to rotate, as well as the huge platform that has at least 3 DOF. Really impressive bit of kit.

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 09.37.59.png

Some really good clips of the ride in action from 5 minutes. Seems it has a vertical height difference of 3m and can pitch 25º

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
More information about the ride system appears to have been accidentally posted by Intamin:

The official name is Dynamic Motion Stage, and the concept was developed for Efteling specifically, with the intent to then sell the ride system to other parks later on. The plateau has a diameter of 18 meters and starts the cycle at a floating position of 6.2 meters off the ground. During motion, the platform is capable of ”bouncing” up and down at speeds of 1.5 meters a second, but is also capable of a ”zero-g” freefall at 3.2 meters a second (11.5km/h).

The ride is able to seat up to 108 passengers across six individual smaller platforms, which also come with the option to tilt at five degrees separately from the main plateau. Each seat has individual lap bars and is apparently able to support on-board audio and vibration effects, as well as ”wind and smell” effects should the buyer choose to include them.

1667447210402.jpeg
1667447227586.jpeg
1667447249957.jpeg
1667447274272.jpeg
1667447306362.jpeg

Intamin sells it mainly as a screen-based experience, but buyers are able to use it for practical sets, which is what Efteling has done.

1667447395297.jpeg
1667447413378.jpeg
1667447428716.jpeg
1667447456052.jpeg
1667447511916.jpeg

cookie

Giga Poster
Efteling has put on a new street performance show themed to Danse Macabre:

Spookslot's main tower is also now in the process of coming down:

1116torennu1.jpg

1116torennu2.jpg

Some of the interior decors is now visible in daylight due to the walls surrounding them coming down (including a set of curtains that apparently weren't removed before demolition began).

1116torennu14.jpg

1116torennu16.jpg

Though some of it has been handled more carefully than others:

592306-c85913ef93b51645fc8f95cde7f383d4.jpg

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I am not too sure about the new ride, for now... The whole rotating seat system sounds to me like a good product showcase for the ride engineer, but I don't feel the combination of the visual theme and the chosen ride system yet. But of course we don't know that much details yet. So I might become positively surprised in the end.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I was hesitant at first too, but I think paired with the soundtrack, it'll feel like the ride system is 'dancing' with the surroundings, and I think that could be something really special. The piece of music sort of lends itself to something like this, at least in my opinion.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I think that concept video looks pretty rad - I also completely agree that the music suits a ‘swirling waltz’.

Otherwise, the most striking thing from the concept video to me was the curious use of the word ‘abundant’. Huh. Can something that is theoretical truly be ‘in abundance’? Hmm. I’ve earmarked this grammatical and philosophical quandary to a 3am thinking session, to be contemplated right after I’ve solved ‘what am I doing with my life?’