What's new

Efteling | Spookslot Replacement | Intamin Dynamic Motion Stage | 2024

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Only just recognised this isn't in construction. Now moved.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh it's beautiful! 🥰
I kinda knew it would be, it's Efteling after all, but... I wasn't expecting that.
A return visit to Efteling has now become a priority.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
They really throw the kitchen sink at their projects - this looks absolutely spectacular!

I have no doubt it will be a worthy successor to the original.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Oh Efteling have done good here.

I also keep forgetting about this existing and being a Dynamic Motion Stage from Intamin. That'll be bloody brilliant.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I can't be arsed to read anything, so can someone tell me if there's an expected opening date for this? It's looking somewhat likely that I'll be in Amsterdam in the summer, and this being open or not might be a factor in an Efteling revisit.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
In the latest construction update in the efteling blog (from March 12) they state "najaar van 2024" which translates to fall 2024.

Actually, I was there yesterday and while I got these absolutely stunning views of the fassade and details (those posted above) it also revealed that there is still a lot left to do. So, I'm not surprised it won't open for summer. Hope you get another chance visiting the Netherlands when it opened!

cookie

Giga Poster
It took a couple of months, but steel frames for the roof are finally being installed

0328erifakads1.jpg

0328erifakads2.jpg

Meanwhile, the surrounding area is coming along well.

0328erifakads3.jpg

0328erifakads6.jpg

0328erifakads9.jpg