What's new

Efteling | Spookslot Replacement | Intamin Dynamic Motion Stage | 2024

Leon_K

Mega Poster
^ I was hesitant at first too, but I think paired with the soundtrack, it'll feel like the ride system is 'dancing' with the surroundings, and I think that could be something really special. The piece of music sort of lends itself to something like this, at least in my opinion.
Yeah maybe you're right. The theatrical approach of the old attraction with the beautiful classical musicpiece was something I really liked. It almost feels like that is what the biggest change is going to be: a theatrical attraction turned into a ride.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah maybe you're right. The theatrical approach of the old attraction with the beautiful classical musicpiece was something I really liked. It almost feels like that is what the biggest change is going to be: a theatrical attraction turned into a ride.
Yeah I reckon you're right and that we'll see some of the old characters/motifs pop up again eg. the floating violin etc.

cookie

Giga Poster
Foundations are now being laid for a replacement for the "Het Seylend Fregat" drink and snacks shop, which was demolished to allow builders access to the Danse Macabre site. This new building, which will house a souvenir shop and toilets, is set to be completed before Danse Macabre itself is.

1209vorplaspo5.jpg

The area in front of what remains of Spookslot has also re-opened. The remaining facade will be used as part of the new themed area surrounding Danse Macabre.

1209vorplaspo1.jpg

1209vorplaspo2.jpg

cookie

Giga Poster
Danse Macabre will have an "alternate version" for disabled guests that's described as similar in nature to Droomvlutch VR. In addition, disabled guests will apparently be able to traverse the entire queue line of Danse Macabre (for it includes no steps whatsoever), a first for Efteling.

Closer look at the artwork also reveals a Single Rider entrance, as detailed in the Efteling blog:

0307dansmac5.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Really loving this new move into inclusivity that parks are aiming for. Efteling really have been at the forefront of that since the conceptual designing of Symbolica!

cookie

Giga Poster
Ride hardware has appeared on site:

0909dmccos7.jpg

0909dmccos12.jpg

0909dmccos11.jpg

The entrance portal appears to be nearing completion already, giving a quick taste of the level of detail the rest of the building will have.

0909dmccos15.jpg

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Unfortunately more delays at Efteling; the Efteling Grand Hotel will now open in 2025.

For those who don't know, the company responsible for a substantial amount of the prefab construction of the hotel went bankrupt earlier this summer. This caused severe delays in the project, as the construction of the hotel should've been well underway by now. The company was bought and had a restart, however the delays mean it won't be ready for the late 2024 opening the park had originally planned. 2025 is the new target.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Can't say I am a huge fan of the dome shape, doesn't really fit the castle style in my opinion. But maybe I will be positively surprised when building is finished.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Can't say I am a huge fan of the dome shape, doesn't really fit the castle style in my opinion. But maybe I will be positively surprised when building is finished.
Think I'm in the same boat here, but Efteling has surprised me in the past, so who knows. But what I can tell is that the two smaller buildings (cafe and restrooms) that have already been finished really look great. (I've been there about three weeks ago.)