What's new

Efteling | Symbolica | ETF Rides Trackless Dark Ride

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Just seen on Facebook that Efteling plan to open Symbolica (the dark ride previously called Hartenhof) in 2017, and it will be in the "centre of the park".

Some concept art too...
12487210_1780544985506417_4506975212832255962_o.jpg

Never thought I'd see the day to be honest! :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Efteling to Open Symbolica in 2017

Very excited for this, but I'm still not getting my hopes up. However, this is the most official announcement that we've ever gotten, so who knows.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I don't know much about Hartenhof, just that it was being constantly delayed, then Baron 1898 came along. Anyone fancy giving us an overview? I heard is was going to be a Vekoma Pandora's Box or something...

peep

CF Legend

Yeah this is very exciting. I don't think the park ever "officially" announced Hartenhof so this seems like a more real thing. I would assume construction would have to start early this year if they plan for a 2017 opening.

I've seen several people mention (still locating their source) that this will now be a trackless ride system with various routes. Not as ambitious as the ridiculous Pandora's box system but still very cool.

Look forward to hearing more about this.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The building in the concept art looks lovely.
When I went there was a grass clearing near Vogel Rok. Is that used for any events? or could that possibly be where this is located?

Lofty

CF Legend

That looks absolutely wonderful - I hope it actually comes to fruition.

Dar

Hyper Poster

At least this time they've started construction:

1510892_10153807454398965_3425014907442300471_n.jpg

60048_10153807454573965_383969101966863609_n.jpg

1915414_10153807455603965_831624550304579738_n.jpg

10649994_10153807455963965_2625761720626305035_n.jpg

(All Images: Vijfzintuigen)

Thanks to Sammy on TST for posting these originally!

Lofty

CF Legend

Perfect. Desperately hoping for a dark ride on the level of immersion and experience of Harry Potter and the Escape front Gringotts. Europe needs a dark ride that substantial.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Pink Panther said:
When I went there was a grass clearing near Vogel Rok. Is that used for any events? or could that possibly be where this is located?

In the winter there is a massive tent with an ice skating track, restaurants, inflated castle, ice slides and more on that spot.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

Ooh, lovely stuff! Looks like it's going to be on the Efteling Brink judging by those construction photos?

Not a fan of the 'Symbolica' name though. Sounds like something a GCSE Media Studies student would come up with :/

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Re: Efteling to Open Symbolica in 2017m

Serena said:
Ooh, lovely stuff! Looks like it's going to be on the Efteling Brink judging by those construction photos?

Not a fan of the 'Symbolica' name though. Sounds like something a GCSE Media Studies student would come up with :/

The name 'Symbolica' already exist since a very long time. I believe it's the name of the planet from where Pardoes, the parks mascot, comes from.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

peep said:
I've seen several people mention (still locating their source) that this will now be a trackless ride system with various routes. Not as ambitious as the ridiculous Pandora's box system but still very cool.
Looopings says it is.

It's also probably going to take six to seven minutes which seems to be longer than the Disney counterparts if it's counting departure from station ----> arrival to station. But 6-7 mins might include "pre-show time".

Ben

CF Legend

Nothing at Efteling ever gets me hard because I don't really like the European fairytale aesthetic they always have, but trackless is the best thing ever yay.

Ben

CF Legend

... can you tell us what it says xD

That hand gesture technology was amazing, I'd love to see that in this.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Ben said:
... can you tell us what it says xD

I just used Google Translate lol:

Looopings can reveal more details about the transport of the new Efteling attraction Symbolica, which opens in 2017. Against all odds, visitors will soon not pistooltjes or wands to work. The cars are not equipped with a shooting system.

Also, 3D glasses are missing. However, the carts can fully rotate around their axis and move up and down. Manufacturer ETF Ride Systems describes the type of attraction as "a trackless vehicle with a kind of simulator on top of a moving and rotating chassis'. The top speed is about 6 kilometers per hour. SEE ALSO: Exclusive: Efteling throws plans for mysterious new attraction at loggerheads Efteling talks about an interactive dark ride with three different routes. In the logo of the attraction adorned with a magic wand. Many fans passengers assumed that a similar "weapon" in their hands would get, allowing them to score points. That is not the case. Usually have interactive darkrides do have pistooltjes. Examples include Discovery Club Hellendoorn Adventure, Challenge of Tutankhamen in Walibi Belgium, El Paso in Bobbejaanland and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast at Disneyland Paris. How Symbolica it is interactive, it is not yet known. The vehicles are decorated as a kind of coaches who "Fantasy sailors' name. There is room for two rows of three. A ride is six to seven minutes last. With a budget of 35 million euros is the most expensive attraction in the park.

Not a perfect translation, but gives the general gist.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vupohI4bpY[/youtubevid]

Just in case anyone forgot this was a thing :)

Ben

CF Legend

Yay dirt.

I watched a video of the hand gesture technology on Ninjango and I want it even more.

I would like Universal to build me a Potter ride with it too.