What's new

Efteling Expansion Attempt + Family Launch Coaster

toofpikk

Mega Poster
These sorts of planning decisions are (usually) just as hard to revoke as they are to gain, so this will put Efteling on a great path for the future. Like you say, it's not likely (although I'm hoping I'm wrong here) that we'll see plans for a new coaster published immediately with an opening in 2022, but this will give Efteling precedent to expand the park, and that's great news.

unsure of how it works in Holland specifically, but applications can (and often do) expire if work isn't started on them. Of course this is often quite a big chunk of time, say 10 years or so, so I really wouldn't worry too much, nonetheless it may well have an expiry if it's not acted upon.

In addition, Efteling will be constructing their new coaster in 2022, so we are looking at a 2023/24 opening

JochemvdMeulen

Roller Poster
unsure of how it works in Holland specifically, but applications can (and often do) expire if work isn't started on them. Of course this is often quite a big chunk of time, say 10 years or so, so I really wouldn't worry too much, nonetheless it may well have an expiry if it's not acted upon.
I think your confusing permits and zoning.

What has happened today is that a new zoning plan has been accepted.
Ether way both don't expire in the Netherlands.

However building permits can be revoked if the applicant hasn't used the permit 6 months after it has been granted.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Catching this before someone says - not going to move this topic for a small bit of construction. The coaster will get it's own thread when that is underway, but until then this topic is all we'll have. :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Let's not beat around the bush: Monsieur Cannibale was racist. And I'm glad it's getting rethemed.

I think you are right, although I never really took attention to the theming. Actually I always stayed away from this attraction because that stupid song they used to play in repeat mode caused a pretty annoying ear worm. ;) ...and also because spinning teacups are not exactly my cup of tea... In any case, good move to retheme it!

And sorry for proceeding off-topic here.