What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Gazza

Giga Poster
Re: Efteling | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

loveagiga said:
Two new B&M dive machines/coasters in on year?! I cant even ;)

This one having a loop will be unique. The only thing (if it is indeed at all like that layout predicted) that I don't like is the lack in direction change. Seems you'll be banking on your right for most the ride. I understand it's not a major issue ;)

What, like the one in Taiwan :lol:

BBH

Giga Poster

Gazza said:
loveagiga said:
Two new B&M dive machines/coasters in on year?! I cant even ;)

This one having a loop will be unique. The only thing (if it is indeed at all like that layout predicted) that I don't like is the lack in direction change. Seems you'll be banking on your right for most the ride. I understand it's not a major issue ;)

What, like the one in Taiwan :lol:
Which happens to be a mirror image of one of the most popular rides in the UK. ;)

Rach

Giga Poster

Efteling posted this on FB this morning.

Baron 1898

6dc3112d1f7ff6f409678e09611c756f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Trying not to get sucked in by the artwork but come on, that is just gorgeous. So, so excited for this now. I knew Efteling would theme it to epic proportions.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

This looks like my dream coaster! I know it's only concept art but to see someone dress up a B&M so beautifully gets my heart going. Definately the coaster I'm most excited for next year.

peep

CF Legend

Haha, yeah, Efteling do actually build what's in the concept art. Oddly enough this was all planned back in like 2002 and some artwork surfaced earlier this year, I didn't post it here because it was a different project and to be honest part of it looked better than this. However this does look nice and it'll fit in nicely next to the Hollander building. I hope they theme the whole ride and not just the station/tunnel.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

peep said:
Haha, yeah, Efteling do actually build what's in the concept art. Oddly enough this was all planned back in like 2002 and some artwork surfaced earlier this year, I didn't post it here because it was a different project and to be honest part of it looked better than this. However this does look nice and it'll fit in nicely next to the Hollander building. I hope they theme the whole ride and not just the station/tunnel.

I have a feeling it'll have a Dutchman style thing wherer the theming vanishes completely when you're outside... But that's not a bad thing really, even Joris lacks theming in the ride area beyond the dragon...

Looks so good... And a full blown imaginative story to go with it makes it even better...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

The whole ride doesn't have to be themed but I'd like to see a larger indoor section at the bottom of the drop. If it's going to be a mine then some tunnels would be good to see.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but the coaster's max speed will be 90 km/h and the minimum height is 1.40 m. Height was already known, 37.5 m.

Here is the video of the first episode of "the making-of: Baron 1898:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqCFEGHQ_4

Also, another thought I just had. Here is a very high resolution pic of the artwork:

http://documenten.eftelist.nl/duik/teke ... _baron.jpg

I was just thinking. If you look at the trains, it seems that it has a projector on it, underneath the seats. Could it be that they'll project something on the smoke around the tunnel, just before you drop? I think that would be really cool.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I absolutely love what I'm seeing in that artwork. As Sue posted, I hope the theming holds true.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

This has got to be the most beautiful support and theme job I've ever seen. The paint a buildings are stunning! Please don't let me down, Efteling. :shock:

Ethan

Strata Poster

Anyone else notice the female figure reaching out from the smoke?

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ Yeah, that's part of the story. That's why I'm wondering if that will be projected on the smoke/mist just before you drop :wink: