What's new

Eagle's Creek Farm | Lightwater Valley

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
From Valley Mania.

Old MacDonald had a farm, ee-aye-ee-aye-oh. Lightwater Valley have revealed details of their first addition for the 2013 season. Set to open this Easter, Eagle's Creek Farm will recreate all the sights, sounds and smells of a traditional British farmyard.

The tractor ride, situated next to Eagle's Claw, was originally scheduled to open last season after being picked up from defunct theme park Loudoun Castle in late 2010, but was put on hold following a shortfall in the attraction's budget. However, the plans have not only now been revived, but have also seen the addition of live animals.

In a surprise move, Lightwater Valley have confirmed that a petting farm is to be built adjacent to the ride, which will include chickens, pigs, a cow, pygmy goats and donkeys. The theme park had previously been home to a small petting farm, which closed prior to the 2001 season following the outbreak of foot and mouth disease.

In other news, the Theatre is to receive a brand new lighting and sound system for the 2013 season in preparation for a new live magic show, as well as future evening entertainment for Lightwater Valley Resorts, which is set to open in 2015.

And finally, in a move which is sure to please enthusiasts, Valley Mania have been reliably informed that the theme park will no longer be pumping out pop music across the airwaves, and have commissioned the creation of a bespoke soundtrack to be played across the park's internal sound system.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Ha, you're the second person to say that this evening!

Yes, there's a theatre in the entrance building (located just after the gate where your tickets are checked). It's only been used for private hire, Frightwater Valley and the Dickensian Festival in recent years... and morning briefing!

There's a live magic show for this year, but the park also hoping to see an increase in event hire such as wedding receptions and corporate events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierre

Strata Poster
I only discovered the theatre during Frightwater - it did look in need of attention so thats good to hear.

Also good to hear this tractor ride is finally getting built with the added extra of the live animals. When I went with my the two year old daughter last year, other than a couple of little roundabout rides there was literally nothing for little kids so its a category Lightwater don't currently cater for, but this could be the start of diversity :) Funny how different you look at parks when you have kids haha.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Going by the park's Facebook page, it appears that they're taking down The Twister:

521526_10151313520735292_197080253_n.jpg

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Just winter maintenance mate =] was there when the photo was shot

posting from somewhere in the world...

Martyn B

CF Legend
That's what I thought. Though it's been there a while now so they made need to do a more indepth check up?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Not likely spud, that article is from 2011. There is a major secret investment for later this year with a ride being taken away

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
No, Twister is staying. As I said it was winter maintenance.

Martyn B

CF Legend
So it's been confirmed that a ride is being removed for this new attraction, and it's just a coinsidence that the Twister coaster has been completely taken down....?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Twister is staying. Will be back up. I don't know why you were looking a lot into it.

Pierre

Strata Poster
The whole ride is/was practically deconstructed Mushroom, I don't know why you wouldn't expect people to look further into it.

If it's staying, it's staying. But people will obviously think otherwise with images like that.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
True, but I knew last year it was going to be taken down and put back up. All I am going to say that it is a ride at the front is going this year

Martyn B

CF Legend
To be fair, they could do with getting rid of a lot of that tacky **** from the front of the park. Move the Carousel and Waveswinger to a ncie green area of the park, and get rid of the rest. Make it like an entrance plaza, nto a **** town centre fairground.

Which reminds me, that new Helter Skelter really blends in with the **** town centre fairground theme.