What's new

E3 Opinions?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
What do the CFer's think of E3 so far? What were your favourite games or presentations?
http://www.e3expo.com/

I think mine would have to be the Microsoft presentation. Halo 4 and the new Tomb Raider look amazing <3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
All I have seen is Microsoft presentation, but that is all I care about. Honestly, my jaw dropped with Halo 4 when the enemy is revealed as the forerunners (<3), then I got more excited with the multi player segment where you can lunge and slit someones throat.

Then I saw they are using kinect to its fullest, splinter cell voice commands (<33) and then Madden 13 with voice commands, which is going to be amazing. I got a little teary with excitement as that is what I always wanted with those games, on the fly audible, design plays again, just everything is yes.

Then smartglass was talked about. With all the upgrades, I won't need a computer anymore since I will be able to do everything via xbox. Also with basically an announcement of Windows 8 by the end of the year, I'm pumped.

But yeah, microsoft fanboyism.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Boo to new SimCity. Or, I mean, yay to new SimCity, boo to EA.

SimCity having to always run online, connected to Origin? No singleplayer option? Likely, no modding?

Screw that, I'll rather play SimCity 4.

Also, I think the Wii U crosses the gimmick treshold a little too fast. I think I'll get a 3DS one day, but I'll opt out of the console. I don't have a TV where I live now anyway.

As for the other companies, I think it's great that they announce a game that isn't a sequel, for a change. LEGO GTA also sounds great.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
The Last Of Us...that's about it. It's going to be damn perfect because it's Naughty Dog. No questions.

New Tomb Raider too I guess. Don't really care about the WiiU (I lied. ZELDA <3) because they'll just turn it into a 3rd-party family console full of party games and singing games like all their other consoles.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Not that every other console is doing that now anyways :p

As for Tomb Raider...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMRwgzzelQ[/youtube]

Frank

Roller Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Then I saw they are using kinect to its fullest, splinter cell voice commands (<33) and then Madden 13 with voice commands, which is going to be amazing. I got a little teary with excitement as that is what I always wanted with those games, on the fly audible, design plays again, just everything is yes.

Not entirely sure using a motion-sensing camera for voice commands that could be done with any cheap microphone can really be classed as "using kinect to it's fullest".

To be honest, it seems like they've realised that Kinect's motion sensing capabilities aren't really accurate to do most games justice (Dance Central has always worked because dances always use exaggerated movements anyway, but look at how awkward Wreckateer looked), so they're trying to incorporate it in other ways to make it seem like it wasn't a massive waste of money.

Did like the FIFA voice commands, though.

Game of the show for me was probably Beyond or LEGO City Stories, but it was a massively disappointing show from everyone.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I've seen nothing of it so far.

But I read in here Halo 4?

Rofl, Microsoft milking it for as much as they can then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just caught up, I was really shocked by and can't wait for, oh, and looked really special.

Or rather "what a load of tosh".