What's new

Duinrell to get a Gerstlauer Sky Fly for 2016

peep

CF Legend
I love how these are starting to pop up everywhere. I've yet to go to Duinrell so this gives me another reason to finally visit.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm just happy that I get the chance to practise a bit. During my go at Holiday Park, I didn't manage to get it to spin even once :oops:

spicy

Giga Poster
I've only been on the one in Dreamworld Australia which was the first time I have ever been on a Sky fly and it was really easy to get spinning. I found the first initial spin hardest once you have span once you just leave the wings in place and lean to the side and away you go.

Looking forward to getting back on the one at BPB.

Nic

Strata Poster
This sounds like a great idea to me. 3rd Gerst attraction at the park (I think? Unless there's more I'm missing?) and they must be one of the few places that seem to have got on ok with them. These provide good solid family thrills which slots in perfectly with the rest of the park's offering.

As for them being hard/easy to spin - it seems to totally depend on where they are. I found the one at Bakken and the one at Lego Germany relatively tricky to spin. Both took a reasonable amount of momentum (and a good sense of timing) to get going. Then there's the one at Blackpool. As soon as it gets above the buildings and catches the wind, it's almost harder to get it NOT to spin!

Gazza

Giga Poster
I think the trick with Skyflys is to try and get a front row, or a seat furthest from the tower, since you get more airflow.
There's also an element of not being stupid and flapping the wings like a panicked chicken (As you see a lot of the GP do), but rather alternating back and forth and shifting your weight till you make a full loop, and then its a case of just hunching your head down, tucking your legs up and holding the wings in position to get a non stop spin going.

mouse

Giga Poster
So for those who have ridden them, how does the ride experience compare to other flat rides? From what I've seen they seem to be quite highly rated.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I didn't get it to spin so I might not be the right person to give an opinion, but without spinning I found it quite boring. I even prefer a basic chairswing to it. I can imagine it being completely different if you do spin.