Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feck it, both

• Feck it, neither

• Total voters

nealbie

CF Legend
Both so-called 'music' genres make me cringe inside and turn into even more of a genocidal maniac than I usually am on the outside!

As Mr Flowers put so exquisitely all those years ago - "It's Indie Rock and Roll for me!" :p

edit - and quite freakishly out of a playlist of over 2,000 songs my iPod decided to play that song just after posting! :lol:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ It's music which tries to be D&B, but fails. Mainly full of horrid drones and low notes that last 5 mins...

Drum & Bass - much better, actually has rhythm, actually has purpose.

Dubstep I tend to find is quite chavvy and bland, but some tracks are ok...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^^ More seriously, Dubstep is a genre that evolved from D&B, it uses many of the same signature sounds but it is fundamentally slower, around normal dance tempo (135-150bpm). It's also quite minimalist, which it has to be to accommodate large quantities of bass frequency into the mix.

I quite like both genres but have recently gone off Pendulum with their pop-structured drum and bass tunes. I liked them at first but feel it's getting a little samey now. Dubstep will go commercial soon, Katy B's Katy on a Mission is Dubstep with the pop vocals, it's a big look and I'd expect to hear more like it coming out in response. I know a few dubstep DJs looking to make a couple of records like it to cash in quick (that said, I don't think they have the weight to "make it" alone.).

I vote for Dubstep, it's just a bit fresher at the moment. Many D&B DJs are going Dubstep, which could mean we've seen the height of D&B already.

herbinator

Mega Poster
Not my main music genre but i listen to both. drum and bass, pendulum and noisia are good. Dubstep needs only one word (and a number) BAR9! :--D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
Pendulum are overated and repetative aswell.

Awww, that's so sweet. I hate you too :) But ah well, your opinion is just as valid as anybody else's.

And Neal - well - Neal just loathes most of the music I listen to :p

Patrick

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
^ It's music which tries to be D&B, but fails. Mainly full of horrid drones and low notes that last 5 mins...

Drum & Bass - much better, actually has rhythm, actually has purpose.

Dubstep I tend to find is quite chavvy and bland, but some tracks are ok...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
140bpm for me!

I used to prefer Drum&Bass but now im more of a Dubstep fan because its great for both dancing to and also chilling out

Dave

CF Legend
Holy **** it's RJM.

But yeaah they are each over-rated.

Sub Focus any day. None of that Pendulum watercolour paintings ****e.

thx

Mega Poster
Hmm.. if I'd compare the amount of various d&b I've heard compared to dubstep, I'd say I prefer dubstep, but mostly my liking really varies depending on their different subgenrés/my mood.
Also I'd like to hope that all, or even most people, don't just think d&b is Pendulum and that's about it, as d&b can vary a lot depending on the group etc.

kimahri

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-s38V7lAI[/youtube]

EAT IT BITCHES!

I don't actually listen to that kinda of music. Although I do find that specific song hilarious for some reason...