Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Do you enjoy drop towers? I do, but they have to have a substancial drop, that way you are able to really feel that rubber band effect at both ends of the ride. Otherwise it doesn't work for me. The only acception, of course, is if it is a real drop tower, were you only drop, such as Demon Drop at CP.

aly

Mega Poster
I love drop towers, the feeling is great. Some people i nkow jsut ahte them, but persoanlly i think their a great short thrill! Worth a ride everytime in my opnion!

Nick

Mega Poster
Yes, but i find the smaller ones not really worth queueing for. I rarely go on Detonator at TP because the thrill just isn't worth the average 30min wait for it. But i love the big ones, such as Appocolypse, the stand-up element though is really what makes this such a great ride.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
God, yes.

Probably one of the few rides that will offer the same sensation time again again without boring me.

thx

Mega Poster
Do you enjoy drop towers? I do, but they have to have a substancial drop, that way you are able to really feel that rubber band effect at both ends of the ride.
Yeah I do also think that it's much nicer. I haven't been on any drop tower that drops you down like the Gyro Drops, I would love to ride one, if they won't spin or rotate as you go up, they won't be as good IMO. I won't queue over 30mins for a simple up-stop-drop ride, if it wasn't something really special.

joe

Mega Poster
They are great. The feeling on your face is exelent. Scary though even on your 5th ride!

A

Anonymous

thx said:
Do you enjoy drop towers? I do, but they have to have a substancial drop, that way you are able to really feel that rubber band effect at both ends of the ride.
Yeah I do also think that it's much nicer. I haven't been on any drop tower that drops you down like the Gyro Drops, I would love to ride one, if they won't spin or rotate as you go up, they won't be as good IMO. I won't queue over 30mins for a simple up-stop-drop ride, if it wasn't something really special.

I really like the towers that spin you around as you go up so you get good views of all sides of the park.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Drop towers rule!! Detonator and Apocalypse scare the crap outta me every time I go on it (apaprt from last time lol) Drop towers never get boring to me, they always give me a fabby rush, they're great!

A

Anonymous

I love drop towers...out of of the rides iv'e been one drop towers give me the biggest thrill!

Angel

Hyper Poster
Drop Towers! :shock:

Hate the things! Detonator ewwww my stomach stays at the top dont know how anyone can like those things!

I come off with legs like jelly!

hate the thought of them!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I really don't like them. Sit down ones I can mange just about, but Apocalypse kills me every time.

I like the drop, that's not a problem. It's the whole height thing. The slow ascent and the pause at the top.

I don't maind space shots so much as it's quick to gain the height.

Drop towers though really don't do good things for me. I was a right mess comnig off Apocalypse today!!!

A

Anonymous

YES YES YES YES YES!

Drop Towers absoloutly rule, want a quick adrenaline rush? Go for the drop tower, especially the Fabbri ones like Detonator, they absoloutly arse hole the adrenaline level and get it pumping, I come of all bouncy and happy :)

Titan

Mega Poster
I went on my first drop tower last saturday, it was truely amazing. I'm all for drop rides...but if its too tall I aint gonna ride it! Drop rides are freaking scary, but if youwant a true freefalling experience ride a ripcord - theyre a little pricy but its good to do at least onbce.

Will

Strata Poster
Drop towers - only ride that scares me at all these days, even after however many rides, as well as that "why am I doing this?" as that slow climb begins. Loved Detonator - definitely better than the shot towers, and the drop was much better, amazing sensation and probably stays that way, take much longer to get boring than the other rides.

Ben

CF Legend
I love the sensation, hate the height. I love the way you fly out of you sit and plummet down, amongst the best flats around IMO.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Chuff yes! Love them. They certainly manage to scare me every time, and play on my distaste for heights. Ever since I managed to no-hands Detonator, i'm keen to give Apocolypse a go again. I've done it 10+ times, but it still scares the hell outta me. The stand-up floored side still manages to scare me on the way down too!

A

Anonymous

Ugh no! Very weak stomach when it comes to vertical drops! Wouldn't even think of getting on one!

that guy

Roller Poster
I don't like drop towers because I'm a wimp and I get scared of them :p

I do like the ones that shoot you up, however.

A

Anonymous

Love them. the rush you get and the feeling when you go out your seat when you drop