What's new

Driving in Holland + Walibi World Quesition

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm planing on finally getting my but to Walibi World next Spring. I'll be driving and catching the ferry from Harwich, but I'd like to know what its like to drive in Holland, or even better, the route from the Hoek to the park. This will be the first time I drive abroad :? (apart from Cyprus, but thats no differen't to here).

Also, how popular is the park? Are there likely to be huge queue's early in season?

Cheers again folks! :twisted:

A

Anonymous

We were there this May and the queues were pretty short, but it all depends on if you are going on a holiday/weekend or not really...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ok, cheers, I know when the British Bank/School holidays are next year (not that they'd make any real difference), but where can I find when the Dutch holidays are?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We were at Walibi on a Sunday, July 26 (no school & a beautiful summer day) and even though we didn't arrive until after 3pm we were still able to get everything in - including 6 re-rides on Goliath!
The longest wait we had was for the SLC El Condor, which was about 20 minutes. I would have liked to have an entire day at the park just to re-ride Robin Hood (& more Goliath) and spend more time wandering around enjoying the atmosphere.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Driving's not bad in Holland if I remember rightly. I encountered a bit of traffic on my way to Walibi World in '06, but that was around Utrecht, and if you're coming from the Hoek, you shouldn't need to go near there. Looks like a pretty simple route to get there too, just bazz up the A4 to Amsterdam, A1 out of Amsterdam and A6 onto Flevoland, then follow signs. I remember it being a bit tricky to track down once on the Flevoland island, but we got there eventually. I'd give yourself a couple of hours from Hoek.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I went Aug 21st during summer holidays, lovely weather and there was minimal queues with Goliath being no more than 10mins all day :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Cheers for the help Robb, and everyone else of course :p

I cant believe you're all saying about how quiet the park is, even in the summer holidays! Makes me think they maybe I should visit during a 'peak' time so I dont get so bored. This will be my first visit to the park,I'd like to spend the whole day there and I'd like it to be kinda busy, well busy enough to have a nice atmosphere, but with relatively short queue's. I just dont really like being in deserted parks, it feels odd.

Whats the park like beyond the main coasters? Like Alton, after the main coasters you still have an abundance of fantastic attractions like Duel, Rapids, Hex, Flume, Spinball, Mine Train etc..

ryan462

Hyper Poster
The park has a variety of flats similar to Altons which are all pretty decent but nothing amazing including a top spin and shot tower. They also have a log flume with a double drop similar to loggers leap and a really fun rapids ride that involves everyone getting soaked due to the sprays and drops :) Theres also a dark ride that looked pretty good and a huge wheel as well as various kids rides.