What's new

Dreamworld Australia | Steel Taipan | Modified Blue Fire Clone | 2021

davidm

Strata Poster
Would fit well in the big, not at all conspicuous, patch of land that is where the rapids used to be.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Good to see Australia getting another solid coaster, even if it is a clone. With DC Rivals, Leviathan and now this, the Gold Coast has a nice growing selection of creds, including a lovely pair of Macks! I'm assuming that this will be modified to include a seatbelt like DC Rivals, or was that only added because of the height?

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
For a second I thought the coaster was confirmed to be named Mammoth! For those wondering, 50 million AUD is about £27.5M. A surprising amount for a struggling park whose last coaster was a Maurer SkyLoop in 2011, but I suppose they have to ship it pretty far.

cookie

Giga Poster
For a second I thought the coaster was confirmed to be named Mammoth! For those wondering, 50 million AUD is about £27.5M. A surprising amount for a struggling park whose last coaster was a Maurer SkyLoop in 2011, but I suppose they have to ship it pretty far.
I think the $50m covers more than just the coaster if the headline @Gazza posted is to be trusted.

Edit: @Pear just answered for the both of us.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
I think the $50m covers more than just the coaster if the headline @Gazza posted is to be trusted.

Edit: @Pear just answered for the both of us.

Oh no, I got that, I still think it's a surprising amount considering the park's situation and how sparse investment seemed to be even before the incident.
Looking at the article, the coaster by itself is costing them 30M AUD/£16, so not the most expensive but still pretty significant. I hope it works out well for them! Not too sure on that yellow though.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'm extremely relieved that Dreamworld is making an attempt to one-up their competitors! A Blue Fire clone should do them quite well, as will a handful of new water slides.
Would fit well in the big, not at all conspicuous, patch of land that is where the rapids used to be.
It appears that's where this ride is going. Basing it off of this photo's panoramic shot of the coaster, I've cross-checked its site using Google Earth - it appears to be replacing some of the defunct Thunder River Rapids layout, as well as its water reservoir (the place where all the rapids' water goes when the trough is drained). If this is successful, I hope that Dreamworld can bounce back and install more larger scale coasters to one-up Warner Bros Movie World's coaster selection.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Basically it's a clone but the launch has been modified with a spiralling reverse spike where the dark ride section normally is on Blue Fire, so it'll launch like Star Trek into a Blue Fire layout. There's your extra length.
The extra speed is interesting too...I've always felt the top hat thing was taken a little slow..Maybe they'll launch faster into that then trim brakes before the loop?
1566517086372.png

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean... surely it would be cheaper to just build Blue Fire rather than almost pointlessly modify the design? And with the length of Blue Fire's launch track, that's sure gonna be a set of forceless launches!

The only really interesting thing is that the back car on the trains will be Xtreme Spinning Coaster spinning cars, much like what was tested on Blue Fire and are actively on Time Traveler!

Last edited:

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Ahhh, thought the concept art still looked pretty Blue Fire-y. Still, great to see, though from what I've heard the ones with the halfpipe launches are considered the weakest of the Mack launchers. Hopefully, they've done some work to improve on them, though I imagine the spinning train alone will be an upgrade on the standard model. Either way, can't wait to fly out to the Gold Coast to ride their Mack coaster with a unique back train!

wait a minute...