What's new

'Dreamlanding Adventure Park' planned for Mississippi 2018

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
http://www.dreamlandingadventure.com/park-design.html

Another park project that probably won't happen. However, they do say that planning and funding have all been approved. They're shorting for a Spring 2018 opening(ha), assuming they break ground soon. Another thing to note is how ambitious this project is. Here's the ride list that's planned for Opening Day:

Rides:

1. Five (5) Major Roller Coasters
2. Five (5) Smaller Roller Coasters
3. Four (4) Dark Adventure Rides
4. Two (2) Target Type Dark Rides
5. Two (2) Major Water Rides
6. Three (3) Animatronic Theater Shows
7. Thirty Three (33) Hard Rides Adult & Teen Type
8. Ten (10) Children Rides
9. Train System around the park. Transportation System
10. Steam Boat System, throughout the park. Transportation System

In short 66 rides of all types are expected to be in operation on opening day!

If you want some basis of scale, they consider White Lightning to be a 'Smaller Coaster' they want to add.

If you want to read more on it, the website is at the top of the post, including park plans, rides, and a bunch of other stuff. Oh yeah, it also has a playlist that plays as you browse the site. I'm tired, it's 2:30 AM, and need sleep. Discuss among yourselves about this new project that probably won't happen. Good night.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: 'Dreamlanding Adventure Park' planned for Mississippi 20

I was just off to bed myself when I saw you posted this. I needed a good laugh before catching some zzz, so thanks for that.

*Waiting for the Wild Frontier comparisons*

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

66 rides on opening day? I think SFGAdv had the record for most rides in one park at some point in the mid-2000s, with 73. And those were accumulated over decades. Building 66 rides in one year is easily a multi-billion-dollar investment, before income is even generated (or for that matter, guaranteed). I wonder who would be stupid enough to shell out for that.

Lofty

CF Legend

pipe-dream-1-postcard.jpg

davidm

Strata Poster

screamscape said:
looking through past news reports the group (Fun Box Amusement) was looking at sites earlier this year as well as hoping to take advantage up to $20 million of public funding that would come from the BP oil spill relief money that was earmarked specifically for "tourism development" along the coastline
I think that we have found the real motivation here ; just a grab for a slice of that pie

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^Do you mean the spoiler I posted?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Actually that's one I pay attention to. At least that seemed more legit than this thing. :roll:

Edward M

Strata Poster

I really hope this happens since I live in this **** state, but, honestly, it is less likely than shootin' a deer with a BB gun with one hand behind yer back.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^Don't forget the Chinese SLC! ;)

It just seems like the guy was browsing through TPR's YouTube and thought 'I want to build that'

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

That website looks totally legit, I don't understand why everyone's being so pessamistic... :lol:

Ha, in all seriousness wow... just wow... At least London Paramount looked professional. This is just... a complete and total pipe dream. Why waste the money on a website for something that's clearly never going to happen.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

But at least it has a neat sound track!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Ireeb

Mega Poster

"Made with website builder", they can't even afford a web designer, or they have no idea what "PR" is. In either case - this project is doomed.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Nothing like necroing a dead topic but I had a tip last week that this project isn't dead and they are purchasing some rides right now. Which would be a turn up for the books.

They seem to have a new site which suggests ground clearing has begun and they are aiming for 2021.
But its just as well made as the last website to be honest.

Still dubious about the whole thing. but it doesnt seem to be quite dead yet.

Nothing like necroing a dead topic but I had a tip last week that this project isn't dead and they are purchasing some rides right now. Which would be a turn up for the books.

They seem to have a new site which suggests ground clearing has begun and they are aiming for 2021.
But its just as well made as the last website to be honest.

Still dubious about the whole thing. but it doesnt seem to be quite dead yet.
Interestingly, I saw a picture of a 10 looper...