Drayton Manor Or Flamingo Land?

• Drayton Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flamingo Land

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Well theres a LWV Vs FL Poll so I thought I'd do a Flamingo Land Vs Drayton one too. I've looked at photos of Flamingo Land, And it looks like a dump imo, It's all on concrete from the photos and it looks like a funfair with hardly any themeing. Drayton Manor have focused on improving the atmosphere of their park with the new Thomas Land and getting rid of the Funfair style rides. I don't get why everyone says it's a dump, I really like the atmosphere there, And it has the best flat in Britain imo (Apocalypse) and Maelstrom is one of my favourite flats too, And one of the best Water rides in Britain. The coasters aren't amazing, I bet I'm the only person here who likes G-Force lol.

Flamingo Land's flats look average at most, I've heard Cliff Hanger's good but I don't think it beats Apocalypse's stand up side. I think Shockwave looks better than Kumali, Kumali has a great drop from what I've heard, But it apparantely dies after that, Shockwave has one of the best inversions in the country (zero g-roll) and a good loop. I think Velocity looks better than G-Force, But neither look amazing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Drayton Manor. Three reasons really:

1. Maelstrom
2. Apocalypse
3. Thomasland

I don't really know much about Flamingo Land though...

Rush

Giga Poster
Drayton Manor...... Flamingoland is just so bland.....

However G-Force is one of the worst coasters I've been on but Kumali isn't that great. I think coaster-wise Flamingoland wins because of Velocity and that kick-arse kiddy coaster.

Also Drayton looks like it's improving, Thomasland looks great. I too love Maelstrom but I wasn't really that impressed with Apocalypse.

Flamingoland is just dumping ride after ride, a bit like what Thorpe used to do. It will need DRASTIC measures to improve.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I haven't been to either but after recently looking at a PTR of Flamingoland I have to say Drayton looks a good bit better. Flamingoland looks like it lacks trees and foliage which just makes it look dull and allot of the theming looks tacky.

Drayton's flats, coasters and water rides and kiddie rides look better than Flamingoland's so yeah Drayton.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Both of these polls are ****ing pathetic. Everyone knows that FL is the under dog here and yet the Poll has just been made out of spite for the park and everyone can slag the place off!

Also how can you compare both of these parks? Drayton Manor seems more thrill seeker from looking at the rides and the park guide on CF. Compared with Flamingo Land which is more aimed at families, with two, maybe three big rides!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
God... Both are just such such holes.
I would be just find never going back to ether park, really.

Apocalypse worth riding at DMP, FL had nothing for me but hicks.

trav

Mega Poster
Mat said:
Also how can you compare both of these parks? Drayton Manor seems more thrill seeker from looking at the rides and the park guide on CF. Compared with Flamingo Land which is more aimed at families, with two, maybe three big rides!

I'd say Drayton is more aimed at families.

I'll compare the big rides to a fashion...

(Drayton - Flamingo Land)
Apocalypse - Cliffhanger
Maelstrom - Flip Flop
Shockwave - Kumali (Biggest Coasters)
G-Force - Velocity (Middle Coasters)
StormForce 10 - Lost River Ride

I'm out of big rides for Drayton BUT I still have Navigator AND Corkscrew at Flamingo Land.

Jake

Strata Poster
Drayton.

FL has more rides, but they're all so poor. The park is just so bland and badly pulled off.

Neither have amazing coasters, but I prefer Shockwave to anything at FL.

FL has dire water rides, don't even go there. Drayton on the other hand has rapids AND a large flume/chute based ride.

The family rides at FL are getting better, but there are still plenty of tempory, tacky ones. Same with larger flats.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Drayton I find depressing.

Flamingoland is changing and actually adding stuff I might give a damn about - Drayton is a barren, dirty, smelly waste and whilst Apocolypse is good I just don't care for flats.

Also, I tend to go to Alton for a day - no time for smelly Drayton. Lightwater Valley is a bit of a treck, so I team it up with Mingoland.

I'd rather ride Flamingoland's corkscrew than anything at Drayton. I like that Corksacrew. Velocity is dire, but I raher like Kumali.

Flamingoland's zoo is FAR superior to the hole that is Drayton's.

Flamingoland's new areas look awesome - if they keep that up It's going to be a wonderfully themed park!

Drayton's rides rape me.

Flamingoland is quite obviously superior, I don't see how Drayton is winning. :roll: The only thing it would loose to is "best tower ride." Everything else it wins, and when it had Magnum and Bullet it won by miles and miles and miles.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Drayton Manor for me. If they gave their rides some much needed attention they would be a top-class park.

I just prefer a day out at Drayton than Flamingo Land, simple decision for me. Could moan which rides are better but it's not like it matters.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
Yuo're all insane, Drayton's a fecking dump. :|

I don't understand how it's a dump. Camelot and Blackpool Pleasure Beach are dumps, Drayton has some really nice areas, And it's a really nice atmosphere imo. Flamingo Land is all on concrete from the photos I've seen, The only dumpy area was Robinson's Land (Which was absolutely awful) and that's gone now, The rest of the park isn't dumpy at all.

I'd rather ride Flamingoland's corkscrew than anything at Drayton. I like that Corksacrew. Velocity is dire, but I raher like Kumali.

So you'd rather have loads of headbashing than ride an amazing Drop Tower or an awesome Gyro Swing?

Flamingoland's new areas look awesome - if they keep that up It's going to be a wonderfully themed park!

But Drayton is still much further ahead in terms of themeing. Flamingo still uses a lot of generic themed rides similar to ones Drayton got rid of years ago (For example the Sky Flyer). Drayton uses rides with great themeing, Their family rides all have decent themes and the kids rides are now amazingly themed in the new Thomas Land.

Flamingoland is quite obviously superior, I don't see how Drayton is winning. Rolling Eyes The only thing it would loose to is "best tower ride." Everything else it wins, and when it had Magnum and Bullet it won by miles and miles and miles.

But that's just your opinion, Flamingo looks like a glorified funfair and Drayton have worked on making their rides look fantastic. And removing Magnum and Bullet was the right decision imo, They were old, outdated travelling rides which really didn't belong in a major theme park.