What's new

Drayton Manor tease "major news"

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Draytonmanor/status/567692157755338752[/tweet]

The park Tweeted this today. What do people think: Thomas Land expansion? Hotel news? New area/flat? Or how about that supposed launched coaster over the lake that all the fanboys dig up each time there's a Drayton rumour? ;)

I for one am excited, I actually really like the park.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Was the Air Race announced as 'major news'? Because, if it wasn't (I don't think it was), maybe this could be a coaster, especially seeing as the Air Race was pretty major, in terms of Drayton's thrill rides anyway.....

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Hopefully it will be something major...a decent sized cred would be nice. I'd like an excuse to go back really as I basically spent the whole day in queues because it was so **** rammed. Apart from the creds all I rode all day was that Pirates of the Caribbean rip-off so I'd quite like to go back really.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Aside from the coaster 'possibility' :wink: , I think realistically, this could either be a Thomas Land expansion, or possibly a waterpark, as there were plans for one a few years ago.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thomas Land is being expanded like every year, so I doubt they'll class another expansion as 'major news'.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Two exclamation points in that tweet?

Has to be a B&M Hyper. The writing is on the wall.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Drayton Manor tease "major news"

Martyn B said:
Thomas Land is being expanded like every year, so I doubt they'll class another expansion as 'major news'.
They have added new rides, but actually expanded the area, this expansion will almost double the area.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde said:
Two exclamation points in that tweet?

Has to be a B&M Hyper. The writing is on the wall.

*sigh*

No respect for traditions any more around here, is there?

AquaTrax, people! It's in our statutes somewhere! "...bla bla bla the first coaster type to be theorized about should always be the Intamin AquaTrax. No other jokes may be made before this mandatory piece of speculation is in place... bla bla bla."

Hypers are usually delegated for later. "Inverting woodies" or "launched woodies" are pretty high up, though, so it seems like at least somebody remember how things are done here. But I'd expect more of the mods...

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I am sure some of you are being sarcastic anyway but I can't help but feel, if you're not at least, that you're getting a little over excited :p

Hopefully it will be a wooden beauty but I think what owenrita has said is probably closer to the mark, having said that have they actually got anywhere to expand into? If it was something as major as a big woodie I expect we would have had some sort of rumour before Drayton Manor take to Twitter...but we can still dream I suppose :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Are all of you deaf? It's obviously a launched CCI Flyer!

Oh wait...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

elephant58

Hyper Poster
According to their FB page, it is.....a Thomas Land expansion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm assuming this is the 'major news', anyway.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Concept art the park realised.
7806a2d97f04b31d0641a21798c693ce.jpg

a1f0d7f2a8a7efe71701873db26c2f10.jpg

dd54ac2ef43743f5c5e734ceb8a1745f.jpg

Looks great for park, Thomas Land turned the park around and makes them a lot of money and business, great to see Drayton Manor expanding.

nadroJ

CF Legend

It is good though? Thomas Land kept Drayton on the map and away from a Camelot/American Adventure fate. It's difficult being that close to the Towers and Drayton found the perfect niche to compete. I'm the same vein as Peppa Pig World, Thomas Land is advertised as a completely separate theme park, it makes total business sense to expand it.