What's new

Drayton Manor Resort Five Year Plan 2022 - 2026

24.0x600.jpg

Little digging, these are ART Engineering trains - which I believe are currently found on Impulse, Cannibal and Wicked.

I didn't realise that Zierer subcontracted these trains to ART, but, if you look at the order of build from Wicked > Bombora > Cannibal, it seems to make sense that the park went with ART direct instead of Zierer.

The new trains have arrived on site and it seems they are indeed from Art Engineering.

spicy

Giga Poster
So are they only 2 rows long like Eurofighter trains? If they are won't that dramatically affect the pacing?

jasone

Roller Poster
^ While I think the name is a little bit dull, i guess it fits the demographic by seeming a bit less intimidating. However, just want to say how beautiful that concept/promo art is, wonder who Drayton used for it. The logo and visuals there all really come together to make something that looks great and cohesive. Makes me excited to see what they do for the new coaster.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Also, just because you call it a family coaster........ doesn't make it a family....coaster.

What with Hyperia having a 1.3m restriction it does seem the bar is increasingly lower for what kids can ride.

Although equally it's basically just an extended Corkscrew from Alton Towers which was technically a 1.2m family coaster in 1980, even if it wasn't perceived as such relative to the standard of rides at the time.