What's new

Drayton Manor 2022 - New Vikings Area

Will

Strata Poster
I was going to reply with typical Willish pessimism, but having watched the thing, however roughly made

Has to mean something
663445.jpg

It's never been my favourite, but I certainly wouldn't say no to a trip to Drayton.

Peet

Giga Poster
The video pretty much confirms that whatever is coming is coming for 2022 which means it can't realistically be a major new coaster, so I'm going to stick with pessimism for now.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I dunno but judging from that teaser I think it'll be Very disappointing, whatever it is. My money is still on a quaint picnic bench.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Not to stoke any speculation, but V = 5 in roman numerals right? How many creds does the park currently have?

1. Accelerator
2. Shockwave
3. Troublesome Trucks
4. Buffalo

Don't suppose this could be teasing a new coaster joining the lineup to make 5? I mean what else could the V be referring to? Now before anyone laughs I know it's totally far fetched to think Drayton are getting a new coaster given the lack of planning and the sheer cost. But yeah, complete shot in the dark, but it was definitely interesting to notice they currently have 4 creds and this teaser focusses on the number 5...

Now watch it be something totally benign...

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
There is so little to go on it could be anything - although I guess a major coaster is out if it does mean ‘2022’ at the end.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I don't think a coaster can be ruled out just yet. Even for a mid-sized coaster, they could theoretically start work in the new year and open it in the summer. They showed this year with the new area they're not against opening stuff mid-season.

That said, I'd still be surprised if it was a mid-sized coaster. Just because it seems likely that something more substantial in the way of groundwork would likely have happened by now. But I don't think it can be ruled out.

Matt N

CF Legend
For what it’s worth, construction work was taking place both on the site of Pandemonium and near the site of the Buffalo last time I heard…

Just putting that out there…

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For what it’s worth, construction work was taking place both on the site of Pandemonium and near the site of the Buffalo last time I heard…

Just putting that out there…
They also had a bunch of clearing and concrete works going on in this area when we visited in early summer - not sure I've been anything confirmed for this site yet either (unless, unsurprisingly, some minor Drayton development has passed me by...):
h5e9MHD.png

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
They also had a bunch of clearing and concrete works going on in this area when we visited in early summer - not sure I've been anything confirmed for this site yet either (unless, unsurprisingly, some minor Drayton development has passed me by...):
h5e9MHD.png
That's where the new wave swinger and play structures are?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Big or small, I’m impressed with the amount of investments and general improvements happening at the park since Loopings took over. And as a very strong critic of the park before the takeover, I’m excited for the future…

Happy to see them work on improving the park generally before making any big investments, which I’m sure will come.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that teaser was actually one of those small GG woodies.
But I realise that a 2022 opening might be a bit far fetched for that.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that teaser was actually one of those small GG woodies.
But I realise that a 2022 opening might be a bit far fetched for that.
Don't say that, you'll get my hopes up. I've always thought a family GG woodie would be the perfect fit for somewhere like Drayton or Paultons. It would definitely get me to visit!

Matt N

CF Legend
I actually think a coaster is quite plausible here; Drayton often does summer openings as opposed to start of season openings (even in the Bryan era, rides frequently opened in June or July), construction work spans a wider area than Pandemonium only (also heading towards Buffalo) and if it were a family coaster, it wouldn’t take too long to build! I’m unsure if they’d even need planning permission, in fact… I don’t think Accelerator ever required it, from what I can tell.