What's new

Drayton Manor - 2009

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Curse of Skull Rock 4D - (9/18/08) Simworx has announced that Drayton Manor will add a new 152-seat 4D Effects Theater for the 2009 season. The new 4D Theater will take over an existing building and stuff in a ton of special effects hardware that will include: water spray, air blast, leg ticklers, aroma, low smoke and bubble effects. The park will play the Curse of Skull Rock film, winner of the Best Children’s Animated Film award.

20093.jpg

20092.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
This does not make me want to come back to Drayton Manor.

Very little would.

Maybe... an Intamin Mega? Not a lot else.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Best Children’s Animated Film award

Just sounds like another kiddies/family attraction to me. And they have already had Thomasland this year. What about stuff for the thrillseeker? Looks like the park is heading down the family park route.

marc

CF Legend
For me the park is sort of split into 2 halfs anyway, one side of the main path is kids rides, the other side more grown up stuff. Thats how it seemed to me when we went their for the live.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
The article states its going in an existing building so i would suggest either Golden nuggets, The Dodgems area or Where the show Cats currently is.

There are going to be more than 1 film on show in the day so there will be films for everyone to see.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
southend_marc said:
I have a funny feeling this is going to replace that Pirate Boat ride.

No, that's being refurbished for next year so that isn't going anywhere.

And is this next year's only new attraction? I thought we were getting a Fabbri flat ride?

A

Anonymous

Awesome, sounds more advance than most :)

Does anyone know where in the park it will be located ?

wheelhs1

Roller Poster
You would have thought this would be the last thing they would build...

With the shortage of big rides (ie roller coasters) this comes to a suprise to me.

Good luck to drayton manor but this is rather disappointing...

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
They're getting another cinema?! I still remember the Cine 180 cinema they had and that was disappointing. Now they're getting another. :roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well, Maxi-minor_Furie really can't wait - he's very VERY excited by this :)

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Well at least cinemas are good crowd eaters (when they're running).

Based on their market research, and success with Thomas Land, they're clearly sticking with the family approach.