What's new

Dragons Fury

Should Dragons fury move to Thorpe Park?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

It is bigger than Spinball Wizzer and yet it is at Chessington.
Who thinks it should be moved to Thorpe Park??

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not me.

Dragon's Fury suits Chessington and it's ideal for people of all ages.

If it left Chessington there would be very little there to keep people entertained.

Thorpe Park is moving in a different direction to Chessington.

A

Anonymous

It cannot remain in a kids park

Most of them r tooo short for it

Sam

Giga Poster
Not really, and the 'new' land would be utterly useless without it. The idea of a raging dragon would appeal to kids, I think furie is a great addition to Chessington. And also, where the hell would they put it in Thorpe Park?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why can't it remain in a "kids park"?

What's wrong with it being where it is?

Why should Thorpe get all the decent rides?

And please make an effort to post well. Full stops at the end of sentences and capital letters at the start. This isn't MSN; you can take time over your posts. Please read the rules in the Team Talk Forum before posting again. Thank you.

A

Anonymous

No way, its one of the best rides at Chessington if not the best. Its certainly th ebest out of the 3 rollercoasters and it gives something for slightly older visitors to ride and not be bored on.
It wouldnt suit thorpe park, and with Alton and CWoA having them, i dont think thorpe needs one, i have said before i think they should, but i now dont think they should.

A

Anonymous

Okay.
You have proved me wrong. I just think that it is not good for children.

It even makes me cringe and I am 17 Years old.

The thing that got me is that Alton Towers got the smaller of the two. It doesn't match up i dont think.

Sam

Giga Poster
I personally prefer SW to furie, the compact layout gives a better, more intense ride. And I don't think there is all that much difference in the length of the two. DF just looks bigger because it's more spread out.

A

Anonymous

I will find out next week if they are any different, i am visiting all three Tussauds Parks.

robertw

Roller Poster
DF is about 3 feet higher. It's barely noticable. I think it's a great ride, and one of the only reasons to go to Chessie (The other being Black Bucaneer). Why would they move it to Thorpe? At the moment, they have great thrill rides at both. If they move it to Thorpe, the thrill seekers would never want to go to Chessie, and that would significantly reduce Mr. Tussauds' profits

A

Anonymous

Chessington need something to keep older people entertained

Sam

Giga Poster
^ They want the thrill seekers to go to Thorpe. They want Chessington to be a family park, DF is hardly in the same league as Colossus or N:I.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
SamX said:
I think furie is a great addition to Chessington.

Thanks, and I've only been once! :p

SamX said:
I personally prefer SW to furie
What??? You prefer Steve Walsh to me??? <sulk>

It's Fury. Furie with an IE relates to the greek Furies who guarded an island in the mediteranean in Greek mythology... Or to a character in a Clive Barker novel... Or to my favourite hamster... :D

Anyway, onto the topic... DF (and SW) are great rides for people who meet the height limits. Minor_F loves both rides. I've not found anyone yet in fact who doesn't think they're a couple of fun little rides. DF is perfect in Chessington. It's a great thrill for the kids and the ride fits in perfectly with the surrounding themed land. It's really a kids ride that's good enough to appeal to adults. Much like a mine train coaster, or a Corkscrew clone.

Angel

Hyper Poster
My first instinct was yes because its a thrill ride and thats thorpe park's area. Then I thought about it and realised that Dragons Fury is a great family coaster and the sort of thing which is perfect for chessie. They cater for the young and the old. Vampire and Dragons fury are just perfect there and should no way be moved.

Nadia

Mega Poster
No way, DF at thorpe, how outta place!! It's fab at Chessington, makes the day a whole lot better for me as it's one of my fave rides!! No rides need to be moved imo, everything's fine where it is and there's always little kids on DF anyways, not as if only adults are allowed on it!

A

Anonymous

No i think moving it would be a baaaad idea.
It would turn Chessington into a more 'boring' park for people looking for good thrills on a family day out.
Also the theming at Chessington for it is great.
However, at Thorpe it would be a nice ride to have there and maybe attract more familys.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
It makes perfect sense to me why Dragon's Fury is at Chessington, not Alton. SW is the more intense of the two, with more 'craziness' to it, so to speak, yet Dragon's Fury has the more fun layout, which is better for families. This also makes it perfect for Chessie, and not for Thorpe.