What's new

Dragon Park | Vietnam | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This has been discussed before in the Freestyle Music Park but it deserves its own topic now.

The park is in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam and is built on entirely reclaimed land which has just appeared in the last 2 years.

ocean2014.jpg

ocean2016.jpg

The park rose to prominence when they bought the old B&M looper from Hard Rock Park/Freestyle Music Park in the USA. The park is also building a Vekoma SFC and a Vekoma Roller skater going up at the moment.

The park also has an insanely tall cable car to the mountain on the other side of the straight with a huge Ferris Wheel

B&M Looper
3fgpqhu.jpg

z3zjn1h.jpg

Vekoma SFC
sfcviet6.jpg

sfcviet7.jpg

Vekoma Roller Skater
sfcviet3.jpg

sfcviet4.jpg

Cable Car
sfcviet9.jpg

11947865_1464302767208450_852618590893095654_o.jpg

mouse

Giga Poster
Looks like this could be a great park with nice setting similar to Hong Kong's Ocean Park - I'm assuming this is the same company?

Also I love the subtle colour scheme of the B&M.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
mouse said:
Looks like this could be a great park with nice setting similar to Hong Kong's Ocean Park - I'm assuming this is the same company?

Also I love the subtle colour scheme of the B&M.

Strangely not. even if they are just using their name :p. Its from the same people who are building the park in Da Nang with the rest of the Hard Rock Park rides.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Testing video of Led Zeppelin/Time Machine:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPumB5f5ZBQ[/youtubevid]

I love how everyone runs to the other side of the building to get it on video. :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hahaha, that was fab. Trying to keep their cameras as steady as they can. :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
QUICK LADS RUN.

It's good to see this relocated. It always did look like one of the weaker sit downs, but, it still looks miles better than a lot of coasters!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
On-Ride vid as it takes some riders.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXn4upWiDQ0[/youtubevid]

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Great news! On a sie note, it's always nice to see a defunct coaster (especially a B&M) operating again! Funny to see how it's next to a lake again.
Looks like the SFC is open(?) as well from this video I found, which also contains some good footage of Dragon Run:

The park looks beautiful, especially the water park, and can surely only get better under the ownership of Parques Reunidos!