What's new

[DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE]The Northwestern Adventure

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The Northwestern Adventure: Park President Scandal?!

Do I continue posting this here? :?

This is a bit of a shorter update with quite a lot of reading, but it's super important to the story of the park.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 15th, 1989. Michelle Baker, Park CFO. CEO Scandal?!
Hello everyone! It's Michelle BAKER here! Me and Gary had a wonderful wedding and Honeymoon at St. Thomas. But while I was gone, some shady things have been going on at the park. Well, not at the actual park, but rather in upper management. You see, I was supposed to get the final draft for the park's 5 Year Expenditure Plan in the days before me and Gary went on our Honeymoon. I didn't get it by the time we left, so I just assumed that I'd get it when we got back. When we finally came back, the Plan was still missing. I contacted numerous other Upper Management members, all of which never got back to me. Nothing new was added for 1989. Nothing. No new rides, shows, food, not even new trash bins. When it finally came time, I met with other Upper Management members and asked where the Plan was. Some said they didn't know, some said that they thought I had it, and a few said they had it, when in reality they had an early draft. It was seriously annoying. Some time passed, and we're here in May. When I looked at the bi-monthly financial report, I noticed two things that I did not know about: 1) A loan of $2,000 was taken out. We payed our last loan off in 1986 after Tierco gained control of the park. And 2) $12,000 was mysteriously spent on an unidentified investment. Here's the report from this year(ignore the first two months. A downside to having a Sandbox park is that you don't have any Financial reports. Had to make another park with finances turned on) :

z5UFLNG.png

As you can see, we have a $2,000 loan out, and spent $12,000 on "Other". It was at this time when I realized that something was wrong. I went straight to Greg Davies(Park President)' office. He clocked out 10 minutes before I got there. :roll: I peeked in his office anyway, and noticed that there were a LOT of files and documents on his desk. It was too late for Pre-Season stuff like inventory, staffing, and maintenance, and it was far too early for Post-Season stuff like inventory(again), financial reports, and future development. This was extremely suspicious. If he were there, I'd probably be fired. However, I looked through the files, only to find them all involving drug and narcotic trade and sales. I was in awe, but in a bad way. Greg Davies, the Park President, spent the park's money on drugs. I immediately called the police. They found him in his home along with dozens of crates full of meth, marijuana, cocaine, LSD, and a bunch of other narcotics. The police are currently investigating to see if anyone else was involved. I don't think anyone else in Management would be involved. Or at least I hope not. Here's the story that the Missoulian did:

YIVvrgM.png

Yesterday at around 3:20, President and CEO of local amusement park ‘The Northwestern Adventure’ was arrested on charges of involvement with an illegal trade network involving cocaine, meth, and marijuana products. This was discovered by the park’s Chief Financial Officer, Michelle Baker. After realizing that the park’s 5 year Expenditure Plan was not released, she knew something was wrong. “Being the Chief Financial Officer, the final draft for the Expenditure Plan is extremely vital to the park’s future. When I found out that it wasn’t going to be released, I had to find out why”, says CFO Michelle Baker. “I then found out that $12,000 was removed from the park’s budget. This is enough money for a medium-sized roller coaster. I tried contacting other Executives, but none of them got back to me”. The park was at the end of a 3 year plan in 1987 with the addition of the NOVA roller coaster. Last year, the park invested in a Live Entertainment venue. This year would’ve been the start of a new 5 Year Expenditure Plan. “I later payed a visit to the office for Greg Davies, the former President of the park. After arriving, I found files full of drug trade documents and lists.” says Baker. She called the police soon after, finding Davies in his home with crates full of drugs and other narcotics in his possession. Tierco Parks has been reported to be in the process of selling the park after the news broke.

If you read the entire thing, you'd notice that at the end, Tierco may be in the process of selling the park. This is unfortunately true. We've gotten quite a few offers already, including Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and Kennywood Entertainment. If we don't strike a deal soon, we might be in trouble again. And on top of our current financial predicament, a new amusement park opened 3 hours west of here in Iowa, meaning that we have some competition now.

Until next time,
-Michelle Baker

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Northwestern Adventure: Park President Scandal?!

Sorry GWaS, I do try and read these when I can! I've not played RCT in a very long time though, so you may have to excuse my probably relatively dull and unhelpful feedback. :lol:

The "guest performed music venue" sounds terrible... :p

Crikey! What a scandal! Hopefully it works out for the park, things seemed to be going quite well.

(Good work on the story building, I like this :p )

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The Northwestern Adventure: Public Survey

Hixee said:
Sorry GWaS, I do try and read these when I can! I've not played RCT in a very long time though, so you may have to excuse my probably relatively dull and unhelpful feedback. :lol:

The "guest performed music venue" sounds terrible... :p

Crikey! What a scandal! Hopefully it works out for the park, things seemed to be going quite well.

(Good work on the story building, I like this :p )
Thanks! I was sort-of joking with the no comments thing. I post this on two other forums, but any comment is still appreciated.

Believe me, I know how bad guest music is. Some SFGAm enthusiasts even named one of our stages "The Ear Cancer Stage". :p

You'll see how it works out in the next few updates. Not this one, though. I only have one thing to show...

And it's a survey! I'd really like to see how everyone thinks of the park so far. Your opinions can help shape the future of the park. It only takes 5 minutes, and will really help out something that also takes 5 minutes from your time. :p

Link: http://goo.gl/forms/wm9wjmpMWuYsi8jq2

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
January 14th, 1990. Michelle Baker, Park President. New Parent Company revealed!

Hey guys, it's Michelle here once again. It's been a crazy 7 months. We finally were able to finish the deal for the new Park Operator, and finally finished the case for Greg Davies' Drug Scandal. Let me get through all the Scandal stuff first.

So the Investigation ended mid-July. Thankfully, nobody else in Management was involved. The trial begun mid-October(it was originally going to be in August, but got pushed back due to another case), and lasted until mid-December(I know it took long, but there was one stubborn Jury member who hung the Jury for a while). The sentence was given just the other day due to the Holidays. He was found Guilty on charges of Drug Possession, Trafficking, and Distribution. He will spend the next 15 years of his life in Prison. And unsurprisingly, he also received a Lifetime Ban from the park.

Now onto the happier topic! We have been negotiating with numerous companies who were interested. Many companies decided to drop out of the deal, but two have remained loyal. Six Flags, and Paramount. Both have negotiated with us for the past few months, and we have finally decided who to accept. The new Parent Company for The Northwestern Adventure is...

uWiUf8k.png

Six Flags! And as you can see, our name was changed from 'The Northwestern Adventure' to 'Six Flags Northwest'. It will take a bit of getting used to, but it's a welcome change.

Speaking of changes, there will also be some renaming throughout the park! No major coasters will be renamed, but a few of the flat rides will be.

sILDzEM.png

Typhoon will be the new name for our Schwarzkopf Enterprise, Right-Side Down. With the new name, it will also sport a new paint job and light package.

JM0mt1e.png

Whirligig will be renamed Americana Swings for next season. Why an American theme? Well let me tell you.

This upcoming season, we will divide the park into 4 areas; Main Street(the main entrance area, and path that runs from the now-named Typhoon to Rocky Mountain Railroad, American Adventure(from Stallion to Kiddie Kingdom), Kiddie Kingdom(retaining the same borders), and County Fair(rename for Dizzy Land). They're not the best areas, but they'll get the job done.

There won't be any new rides for 1990(for obvious reasons), but we will be showing a Wild West-themed Stunt Show at the Northwest Amphitheater. It will be much more story-driven, and have more stunts than the version we played from 1978-1983. The actors/actresses are currently practicing their parts as we speak, and will be ready for Opening Day, which will be Friday, May 18th, 1990.

For Management, there will be quite a few position shifts and new members. To replace Greg Davies' CEO(well, President now) position, it won't be a new member, it will actually be me! That's right! I am the new Park President! It's both scary and exhilarating to know that I am going to be the President of an amusement park! I will be sure to make smart decisions that will help the park thrive as the top destination for families and thrill seekers in the American Northwest.

That's pretty much it, I think. Very exciting times lay ahead! I hope to see you all in May!

-Michelle Baker

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sorry to bump, but there is some sad news involving this park.

The park file has grown too large, and can no longer run on my computer. That means no more updates. To compensate, I'll give two things to the community- 1) The full Park Plans(additions and major story points) until 2018, and 2) The Park Download(with full CS/CTR). I can give the park plans right now, but due to finals and such, the park download will have to wait. I'll try to get it out by Christmas, though.

Anyway, here are the full park plans:

*1978- Trioka and Stunt Show
*1979- PTC Woodie: American Thunder
*1980- Teacups and new Food Court and Halloween Event
*Edward Daniels retires from Park CEO, chairman and president. Greg Davies takes over.
*1981- Log Flume
*1982- Kiddie Kingdom(Wacky Worm, Slide, and Tugboat relocation)
*1983- Dark Ride(House of Horrors)
*1984- Von Roll chairlift. Financial depression. Gary Baker fired. 3 rides close to get funds.
*Financial Depression: Premier Parks Invests in Park, 3 year plan, $15,000,000 USD Investment, $7,000,000 for spending. Premier Parks buys out park.
*1985- Family Wooden Coaster- Stallion and 3D Theater(IMAX)- OmniSphere Theater to replace Stunt Show. New entrance and lots of cleanup
*1986- Pirate Ship- Swinging Swashbuckler and return of Halloween event.
*1987- Mack Bobsled- NOVA and redo of Log Run
*1988- Event Venue/Arena. Gary Baker and Michelle Smith announced to be engaged.
*1989- Nothing due to suspicious drop in park's budget. Park President, Greg Davies discovered to be involved in a drug scandal. Gets arrested, Tierco sells park to Six Flags in fear of revenue loss.
1990- Six Flags takes over park. "Six Flags Northwest" is new name, Michelle Smith is Prez. Some Rides Re-Named.
1991- Condor, HUSS Condor
1992- Restaurant and Break Dance(Huss Breakdance) as first few steps towards new area- Gotham City. Not official yet.
1993- B&M Invert: Batman: The Ride along with new area- Gotham City
1994- Wooden Coaster from Dinn Corp. added to Gotham City
Coaster crashes at high speeds during human testing. All 4 people on ride die. Coaster is found to have many flaws. Coaster stands SBNO for a while, then a Fire erupts, burning coaster, 1 nearby ride that will get removed, some nearby buildings, and sends 7 guests to hospital for 3rd degree burns. Coaster is removed, and due to previous incidents. Park attempts to sue, causing Dinn Corp. to officially close for good.
1995- Bugs Bunny Ntl. Park New Website!
1996- Eyerly Monster(Octopus) to Bugs Bunny Ntl. Park
1997- Family Coaster and More Food Stuff
1998- Intamin Drop Tower
1999- Chaos, Inverter, and Falling Star added.
2000- B&M Floorless OR Hyper
2001- Eli Bridge Scrambler
2002- 1 of 2 options: Either a new water ride, or an Intamin Impulse: Vertical Velocity
2003- Top Spin
2004- Off-site Waterpark- Soaking Slopes
2005- S&S Screamin' Swing
2006- Restaurant/Food and Disk'o
Six Flags sells park. The park seeks buyer, but doesn't get one. The '07 plan from Six Flags falls through(Wiggles World to replace American Thunder. AT still removed, but not replaced until later.
2007- Abandoned
2008- Abandoned
The park closes mid-July due to lack of funds. Edward Daniels re-invests into the park, making it independent once more. The new company called Northwestern Entertainment opens doors to new locations(very few seen)
2009- General improvements
2010- 3D Theater Replaced with Frisbee, and New Slide at Soaking Slopes
2011- SkyFly(StarFlyer) and Food
2012- Ion- Sci-fi Mack indoor Launch coaster
2013- Slingshot
2014- B&M Wingrider
2015- Either waterpark upgrade or Flying scooters
2016- Chance Hyper-GTX
2017- Gerst. Sky Fly and a Zamperla Endeavour to replace Typhoon
2018- 4D Dark Ride in the Amphitheater

So, yeah. That's the park. I've had an amazing time with it, and hope you all have too. Happy Holidays everyone. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've definitely appreciated you taking the time to build up this park from more than just "random new coaster, random new flat" to something with a bit more of a story. I feel like it must have taken a lot of work to pull it all together.

Thanks for your contributions, and I look forward to whatever you get up to next!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Ok, sorry about the 3 months delay, but it's finally here! The NWA Download! If you follow all the steps the ReadMe says, you should be set to load the park,

Enjoy! :)