What's new

Double Dare You! Final NL2 comp of the year!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The final comp of the year is here! You voted, we listened, and our final comp is going to be...

GCI DUELING!!!

Now, there were nearly equal votes between GG and GCI, duelers, but it simply came down to what had we done, and had we not done. Yes, the Gravity Group was much smaller, but that style was done, and now it's time to try something different, if not a bit more technically challenging.

Rules
Track must stay inside the borders
Minimum height 72 feet, maximum 160 feet (current GCI profile)
It must in some way fit in to the follow descrpition
A. Two separate coaster
B. One mobius coaster (half a cred, two stations)
C. One long cred with two lifts/launches (Twisted Colossus style)

There is no length requirement either way
Terrain editing is not required, but highly encouraged
Entries are due by December 1 2015

This is an extremely long comp due to how much we are asking for. With that, in regards to voting, there are no more judges. Yes, I will still monitor and tally them, however, everyone will be voting on each category on a scale of 5. Those categories being
Smoothness
Realism
Creativity
Overall

Any questions, drop them here. Good luck.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2ch7 ... te.nl2park

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm in!

I have a few ideas about particular elements, but I've no idea how I'm going to get them to synchronise. Should be a fun challenge!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How are we all getting on?

I'm actually nearly done. I had a big session doing trackwork the other day and am pretty much finished with that now. I want to do some work on the supports (making sure I don't have random beams not connecting to anything), but that shouldn't take long.

This is definitely not my best creation though - making these sorts of woodies is hard! I might start another one from scratch and see if I can do anything better. :lol:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I spent three hours on the storage shed...this shall be massive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jay37415

Mega Poster
I'm about 3/4 finished with trackwork then work on buildings. I'd like to try and make two if I can finish my first one in time.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So I still have yet to receive any tracks, granted there are two weeks left, just wanting to get a bell park of who is in?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm definitely in.

I haven't made a second track, and likely won't now, so it's just finishing touches and thinking of a name to go. You'll have the track before the deadline Tom, don't worry. :D

jay37415

Mega Poster
I didnt like the ending on mine. So I am having to redo the last 1000 feet or so. Wont get a second one in either. Hopefully I'll get one in on time.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, the deadline is tomorrow - how many have you received Tom?

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has done, this has been a long round!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Oh, crap then.

I have an absolute cluster:censored: of a GCI. I know I'd get last anyways, so might as well turn it in to help someone else.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I have 2, mine and Hixee and Marc is coming tonight I think. Not pleased with the turnout

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'll get the rides out either later tonight or tomorrow. Jet lag is kicking my ass right now.