What's new

Dorneypark Dinosaurs Alive 2012

D1993

Hyper Poster
I couldnt see that this had been posted anywhere else, so I went ahead and started this topic.

Once again, Cedar Fair has decided to add another one of their incredibly stupid dino attractions. And this time its going in dorneypark. Thats 4 additions of DA now. And I hated the idea right from the very beginning.
Freaking dinosaurs in the middle of allentown?!?!
WTF?!

And better yet, they are wasting the space they just bought as DA will stretch back behind steel force into the new land just recently purchased by the park.

Again, this was without a doubt the dumbest idea Cedar Fair has ever had .... in my lifetime at least.

Heres the link:

http://southwhitehall.patch.com/article ... to-6736168

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Has Dorny got a Windseeker yet?

Six Flags are going to TROUNCE Cedar Fair next year. SF have what, about 8 new rides going in and Cedar Fair parks have a few dino attractions (yawn) and are putting a bit of lipstick on one of their water parks.

I suppose that getting their (Cedar Fair) debt under control is more important to them than impressing us with new, original, exciting attractions.

Lofty

CF Legend
They had one of these at Chester Zoo. I'm not saying it'll be the same, but they had massive "Life-Size Scale" animatronic dinosaurs in a section that was kind of like a one-way walkthrough. It was dire. Really ****. The models/animatronics themselves were pretty stunning, but as an overall "attraction", it was super lame.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
-lofty- said:
They had one of these at Chester Zoo. I'm not saying it'll be the same, but they had massive "Life-Size Scale" animatronic dinosaurs in a section that was kind of like a one-way walkthrough. It was dire. Really ****. The models/animatronics themselves were pretty stunning, but as an overall "attraction", it was super lame.

I think they had/have something similar in Drayton Manor. Can't say much on that one though as it was shut when I went. It's the same idea though- Walk through a fake rainforest with fake dinosaurs roaring at you.

I really would not go in one of these, especcially if it's extra to get in.

D1993

Hyper Poster
I just dont even see the business or marketing/strategic thinking behind the dumb dinosaurs. Its completely crap and every single park should be rid of them. Apart from Leviathan, im dissapointed with Cedar Fair and in the other hand, very happy with Six Flags. DA was probably one of the worst ideas CF have ever come up with. period.