What's new

Dorney Park removes Stinger

JSM

Mega Poster
Dorney Park recently announced the removal of Stinger, their 2012 relocated from California's Great America Vekoma Invertigo. Since this is right next to Dinosaurs Alive which will be removed in the next few years could we finally see a GCI? If not, some kind of compact coaster in the spot of Stinger? A Raptor comes to mind since that's what replaced Invertigo at CGA.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Well , I guess it makes the $40 plus parking I spent just to ride it twice and then leave two summers ago a little more worth it? Maybe? +1

TilenB

Strata Poster
So this would be the first Vekoma Boomerang of any sort to get scrapped. A pretty impressive track record.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Do people still think Kanonen is going here? Or has that already shown up somewhere else?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Do people still think Kanonen is going here? Or has that already shown up somewhere else?
I don't think anyone seriously thought it would, just that it would fit. Rumours from a while back had it heading to some small place in the US with no current coasters, but that's gone quiet as well.

Hutch

Strata Poster
These look fun, hopefully this doesn't become a trend
Don't know if you've done any of them, but they're not good.

I mean your first ride might be interesting, but you'll come across them more often so they lose their novelty and become a bit of an annoyance to ride. I think it's a combination of the god awful restraints and tight forces that make them hard to enjoy.

Invertigo at Kings Island is pretty bad, much worse than the standard model.

Goliath at SFNE is the worst coaster I've ridden. But when it had the old trains I thought it was actually pretty decent.

Pear

Strata Poster

I mean your first ride might be interesting, but you'll come across them more often so they lose their novelty and become a bit of an annoyance to ride. I think it's a combination of the god awful restraints and tight forces that make them hard to enjoy.

Goliath at SFNE is the worst coaster I've ridden. But when it had the old trains I thought it was actually pretty decent.

Goliath with the old trains was fantastic. I've heard good things about Stunt Fall and Diabolik as well.

lachlan

Mega Poster

Yeah, I've never been on any type of Boomerang before.

I've heard good things about the ones with new trains.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Shame it's getting scrapped, I quite enjoyed my ride on it, more interesting than a normal boomerang that's for sure and no worse on the ears.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I really liked Diabolik, there's no major jolts or headbanging and it's surprisingly forceful. For all I know Stinger could ride like **** but out of all the Vekoma clones I can't believe it's the inverted boomerang to hit the scrap heap first.