What's new

Dorney Park | Iron Menace | B&M Dive Machine | 2024

Indy

Hyper Poster
It wouldn’t be the first time Cedar Fair received B&M parts early, Yukon Striker had track on site as early as January 2018 to allow the underwater tunnel to be built.
It's certainly not without precedent, but this ride appears to be a much smaller coaster with presumptively less integration needed. It'd be very unusual for the first shipment of parts to simply be 3 pallets/crates of parts weighing just 843 kg.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Dorney's gone ahead and the other day received another B&M shipment. It can and has been debated whether the first one was preliminary equipment or parts for Talon/Hydra, as it was right before the approval and only 3 packages of 843 KG. This, in comparison, is 12 packages of 7356 KG, and therefore much more substantial. If not 2024 project related, they must be needing a lot of spare parts.
Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 12.00.34 AM.png
Source

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The final hurdle has been cleared tonight as the Board of Commissioners have given the all clear and out of here (preliminary/final approval) for a new 161.67 ft tall coaster, which the park stresses to not be a relocation. They're still waiting to attain a few permits before construction can begin, they'll start with the razing of a few existing buildings;

If we were to further speculate about a theme - of which there will indeed be - I'd take a shot in the dark with the Bethlehem Steel Mill butttttttttt I don't really know any better so time will tell.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The final hurdle has been cleared tonight as the Board of Commissioners have given the all clear and out of here (preliminary/final approval) for a new 161.67 ft tall coaster, which the park stresses to not be a relocation.
I'd have asked for 162 ft, in case the structure turn out a few millimeter taller than anticipated for whatever reason.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
Using Bethlehem Steel Stacks as part of the promo and theming for this is getting me so pumped and it's the perfect way to get the attention of everyone nearby, I'm assuming credit goes to Jessica Naderman 👏