What's new

Dollywood | Unknown | Unknown | 2023

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

bmac

Giga Poster
I think what they mean is a ride that's going to exist for a long time and parents can enjoy with their kids in the future.

MountedShooter

Roller Poster
"Naughton just touched briefly on a new ride, which he called a multigenerational coaster, which would be for all ages. It is slated to open in 2023."

Sounds like a family coaster to me, I guess that means the B&M hyper is out. :(

Last edited:

Eyebrows

Mega Poster
All of you are wrong. Multigenerational obviously means that they are going to build a new-gen Vekoma to duel with Tennessee Tornado!

Matt N

Strata Poster
Multi-generational could just mean that the ride could be a new landmark attraction that will last for decades or something along those lines! It doesn’t necessarily rule out a thrill coaster!

Besides, I’d argue a thrill coaster might make sense given that 2023 will represent 7 years since Lightning Rod, although I think a family coaster would work too.

I’m personally hoping for a B&M hyper; Pete Owens is said to want one, and if “multi-generational” does mean “landmark/flagship that’s around for a long time” as I expect, then a hyper would certainly fit the bill!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's a way to say "family coaster" without saying "family coaster". Building a non-thrill coaster without using a term many people associate with tameness.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, if Firechaser would fall into the definition of "multigenerational", then I'm all for it.

Sure I'd like a hyper, but if they're not doing that I'm not completely gutted if they can pull off something of that standard.

Snoo

The Legend
Staff member
Social Media Team
I mean, if Firechaser would fall into the definition of "multigenerational", then I'm all for it.

Sure I'd like a hyper, but if they're not doing that I'm not completely gutted if they can pull off something of that standard.
I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashCoaster

Strata Poster
Definitely reminds me of an Intamin family launch coaster. Honestly I think I would prefer it if it was semi indoor/outdoor, something similar to Movie Park Studios Tour that has just opened. That being said these are great rides anyway so I look forward to see it being built, that layout plan looks cool.