What's new

Does this count as a credit?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Yeah I'm a credit whore.
I went on 3 new rides at a german fun fair in london called 'winter wonderland' (or 'vinter vunndervand if you're german :--D ) on new year's eve. Fantastic fireworks if anyone watched them on TV. Did anyone go see them?

Anyway, there was an inverted coaster, of a type I'd never seen outside of RCT3, and it had RCT3 style transitions as well... not very fun. There was a dark rollercoaster (inside a tent), and there was this one called 'Spuk' which was primarily a haunted house ride, with powered cars, but it had a small dip (which incidentally gave me an unexpected pop of airtime!). So by definition, it did roll and coast, but since the rest was all powered, I'm not sure whether to include this as a credit.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Include it if you like, but generally not.

It's that "what is the ride sold as?" question. "What is the primary purpose of this ride?".

If it is sold as a haunted train ride, and the primary purpose is that of a haunted train ride (most of it is going around scenes of a spooky nature) - then it's a haunted train ride. Small "coaster like" sections are just a kind of add-on to the main ride type.

HRRR at Hard Rock (or whatever it's called now) has the ferris wheel lift, but that doesn't make the ride a ferris wheel ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^The Spuk Castle ride made a noise like Colossus' lifthill, and had more than one drop AND a spiral lift hill, it might as well have been a hybrid dark ride/coaster :p

I don't count fair rides anyway so it wasn't one for me...

Snoo

The Legend
Nope. That falls into the category of a water ride.. just because it coasts and has a dip doesn't mean its technically a coaster.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ It didn't have any water elements in though. Well 2 credits is enough for one fair since I usually don't get any at fun fairs.

Inferno, did you go on the drop tower? I found it pretty intense for one of those type rides.

Ben

CF Legend
NO SPUK IS A CRED.

There is NOTHING on that ride which suggests anything other than it's a coaster with some theming round it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nope. It's a ghost train. It did have a small drop on the top floor but it doesn't make it a coaster. Most Ghost trains have dips like that anyway but it doesn't make them all coasters.

Ben

CF Legend
No, but, the fact it dropped multiple times, ran back up, had full trains and ran on complete coaster track...

The fact it's A COASTER makes it a coaster.

Unless Mummy is just a Ghost Train as well.

Ben

CF Legend
Spuk's not powered, not really. It was probably Ollie that said that (I can't remember this topic and that little '1' is much too much scrolling away for me to check), but, it was more just that it had a MCBR and anti-rollbacks. That IS the same thing, love it <3

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
That isn't Spuk though. Spuk's dip doesn't dip to only about 3ft above ground, it dips to about 3ft above a first floor level, then you go around the back, and down a slope, whilst not accelerating at all, because there is a sharp 90 degree turn at the bottom. Then you go back around the front, on a level surface and are caressed by a man dressed in a ghoul outfit, as you cruise past at a constant speed of about 3mph.

Then you go around the back a final time, down another constant speed descent, and then into an indoor section of horizontal S-bends and things jumping out at you from around corners.

The only bit that looks the same is the lift hill and the dip.

Ollie

CF Legend
That photo is not Spuk. It had a circular lift-hill and a drop similar to it but the rest is different. It's nothing more than a large scale Ghost Train with a small drop.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Coasterforce- WORDS WORDS WORDS about whether it counts.

If RCDB counts it as a credit, I count it. If it's a dueling coaster with two sides, I count it as two credits. Enough said.

Ollie

CF Legend
UC said:
While we're at it, Ollie, you should seriously take a look at your CC and remove the Zamperla Disk-O from it, because those aren't coasters.
I've not counted it. I removed it from my count ages ago but haven't got round to taking it off CF one.