What's new

Does anyone have this Cred?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I was wondering if anyone here has ridden Led Zepplin: The Ride or as its called now Time Machine. It hasn't been operating very long because of park problems.

http://www.rcdb.com/3852.htm

it9k44a288f1i0012hgpqv.jpg

Also why do you think the park failed? Myrtle beach is nice enough tourist destination, I don't understand how a big brand like Hard Rock can't keep a park running.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm 95% sure Jerry (ECG) has this credit. I remember him telling me about the soundtrack (which he gave the impression he loved).

nadroJ

CF Legend
Jerry has definitely been on it, and said he was so distracted being a Led Zeppelin goon that he didn't realise how much the ride sucked. But apparently it does suck, but the original pre-show and atmosphere created by Hard Rock Park was pretty outstanding.

Snoo

The Legend
I saw it in operation when I toured the park before it opened, but never got to ride it. I think that CedarPoint6 also has the cred.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I've got the cred as both Zeppelin & Time Machine. :--D
I really liked it as LZ:TR & rode it 11 times the day we visited HRP. The way the whole ride built up from the band props on display in the waiting area, to the mini-studio pre-show with the band playing Whole Lotta Love at Madision Square Garden, to the way you entered the loading platform & boarded the train without missing a beat, to the drop from the top of the lift hill as Plant sings "llllloooovvvveee", to the way the guitar riffs that follow are enhanced by each element. The was the most immersing ride I've ever experienced. So much so that I didn't notice just how rough the coaster itself is.
My wife only rode it once & Aidan rode it twice before refusing to re-ride it again because of the roughness. I didn't notice it until we went back the following year & rode it as Time Machine. All the great stuff about Led Zep was gone (studio pre-show, synching ride with song, props, etc.) & you just walked straight onto the coaster, which then played random snippets of songs regardless of ride element, etc. Without any immersion I immediately noticed what the wife & kid had been complaining about the whole time. I guess I just never expected a B&M sitter to be rough. :?
As far as why the park failed... I'll let someone else get into all that. The list of mistakes made by the owners & management could go on forever... :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
Is this still just sitting there, not doing anything?

It's so weird for a pretty much new B&M to just, SIT there.