Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Most of us probably prefer to have a seat in the front. The only disadvantage is that it requires additional waiting time to get a front seat. I prefer front seats, especially on inverts but usually don't bother to wait more unless the q is really, really short.

I remember I stuck in the front q line for an hour just because I didn't know it could take so much time.

robertw

Roller Poster
I think every ride has to be ridden from the front at least once, but generally the lines are too long to bother with.

Angel

Hyper Poster
N:I - I dont normally because it's a good ride wherever.
Colossos - depending on the queue I will normally ride it at the front because its not bumpy then!
Air - Front every time!
Nemesis - Depends on the queue lol

Everything else i normally just go on how long the queue is!

Peter

Hyper Poster
I usually do alson as ive queued normally and not used the single rider.
Nemesis and N:I i always do as the queue moves quickly and its probably a better ride in the front.

Air - it depends on the queue,

Rita - nah, too long a queue, the second row gives you a good idea.

Collossus - only if the queue is short.

If i get a chance to be in the front without queueing in the front row queue ill take it.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
If the front row queue's minimal, and I haven't queued too long for the ride already, I may well give front a go. I agre that every ride needs to be done front row at least once.

A

Anonymous

Always on Colossus and Vampire. Inferno, Nemesis, Air, any other coaster I'm not bothered about as the views aren't really that amazing, but on Colossus and Vampire I love the feeling of acceleration from the rest of the train. Simply sublime.

thx

Mega Poster
I do also agree that you should ride a ride in the front seat atleast once. If I would go to a park abroad and know that it might be the first and last time I ride the coaster, then I would try to get on the first row, if possible.
Usually I sit in the 2nd or 3rd row, because the first row has of course the longest queue. At my homepark, I don't tend to think about where I am going to sit as much as I'd do abroad, because I know that I can sit in the front another time if I want to.

Mark

Strata Poster
I like to ride at least once for front row on each coaster. If the queue isn't too harsh I will do it more often too. Just depends on the busy-ness on the day really.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
I was lucky to ride Rita in the front twice accessing the ride from the single ridder q. When I am on my own there are always some nice people queueing for Air in the single ridder q who let me in.

A

Anonymous

I have only done one front row, and that was on Shockwave at DMP, purly becuase it had no queue. I will never join a front row queue, unless it is empty. I have been meaning to do it on Nemesis sometime, but I haven't got round to it yet. Im an impatent bastard so I usualy can't be arsed to wait longer then nessacery.

Jake

Strata Poster
It usually depends on train capacity and operation. Colossus with one train would be VERY slow as its only 2 across.

Sam

Giga Poster
Always for Nemesis as the que isn't long, but for Inferno never as the que lasts for ages. I normally just use single rider and hope to get the front. (and quite often do :D)

A

Anonymous

I do sometimes, but if the queue is excessivly large - I dont bother, queued ten minutes extra for Colossus front row with Rob last year, which seems reasonable IMO.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Any B&M coaster- yes as it provides the best view and ride.
Any wooden or Schwarzkopf- Of course not- everyone knows the back is the best plase to ride for those.

A

Anonymous

i can't really be bothered unless the queue is short. I've only ridden a few at the front

A

Anonymous

i love riding at the front so i always have to que for it atleast once a visit

A

Anonymous

I ride at the front once, then i never really repeat unless i really like it, like nemesis and air and rita!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I never use the front row queue at all, since it is a waste of time, and a ride, since it is definately better in the back, no matter the coaster. The last time I rode in the front row of a coaster in 5 years was on DD - Ice, since I was with some other friends who were girls, who wanted to wait in the line. So, I was brave and put up with it.

Ben

CF Legend
I like to sit at the front, but I don't want to wait extra for it. So, if I can get the front, at the end of the day or using srq, then I'll take it, but I'd rather just ride at the back and wait 15mins less then ride at the front.