What's new

Do you think Millennium Force has a good layout?

Do you think Millennium Force has a good layout?

• It's Awesome

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It's Ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its not the best layout, but I still like it

• It's Dull

• Total voters

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
A topic that has waited a LONG time in comeing.

Anyways, do you think MF has good layout?

I would have to say yes. Even though it lacks airtime, (even thouh you do get a little on the last 2 hills) it contains huge sweeping overbanked turns, wich combined with massive speed, create a awesome ride experence.

youthink?

Roller Poster
I liked it, the first drop was obviously the best part but I liked the huge turns and straightaways that showed you how fast you were going. I wish I went on it more then once. How I miss CP....

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Before riding Maverick, I would have willingly argued with anyone that Millennium Force's layout was among the best in the roller coaster industry.

But after seeing the depth of variety found in Maverick's layout, I realized how much Millennium Force's layout lacked.

First, by my definition, your own personal experience of riding a roller coaster is a far separate thing from a roller coaster's layout. It is two ideas which often are blended together, in which a rider figures that a ride they enjoy automatically has a good layout.

I've come to find this is absolutely not the case, taking TTD for example. Amazing experience. Obviously not the most mind boggling layout of all time.

You see, to me a great layout is one which features variety, a constant flow of elements (preferably non repetitive)with a definite combination of twists and turns which fit together.

By this set of standards, MF's layout is alright, but is severely lacking in many areas.

In short, the entire layout is simply too drawn out. Though there is a flow, it always seems to be going more in slow motion as compared to other coasters; quick with their transitions and pace.

Luckily though, MF is great on creating a thrilling experience, so though the layout may be lacking, the experience you receive while riding helps fill in the cracks.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For a steel sit down, no inverting coaster, it's got a great layout.

The first drop leaves me breathless. The airtime hills are seperated nicely by overbanked turns, the tunnels. The ride maintains a good pace throughout.

Yes, it has a good layout.

Ben

CF Legend
As a layout? It's poor and highly repetitive.

Which is a shame, because with a few more hills and hills that actually have airtime, it could be a fantastic layout.

Tony

Hyper Poster
It looks good with a great first drop and the layout looks decent but I think it could do with a few more airtime hills.

A

Anonymous

I like the two airtime hill, and the fly-by the station at the very end, and all those people in line are just a blur. The first drop, IMO, is one of the best drops in the world, if not the best. The gigantic overbank, known for gray-outs and tunnel vision (both of which I've experienced :)) is a spectacular expereience. True, the overbanks get just a little repetetive, but the rest of the layout makes up for it. There's always that one part right before the second airtime hill, I always pull my arms down at the arm-chopper. It's actually off to the side of the train, much like the bunny-hills on Magnum, but it still gives me the willies. :lol:

Bottom line, MF has a great layout, but it could be improved upon a bit.

It looks good with a great first drop and the layout looks decent but I think it could do with a few more airtime hills.

To Hell with more airtime hills. All it needed in the first place were the few airtime hills it has to actually have airtime. I mean, look at Maverick. It only has a few spots with airtime but it's probably the best airtime I've felt ever, even though there's not an abundance of airtime hills throughout the whole layout.

As for Millennium Force's layout, I'm going to say that it's not the best, but I still like it.

As much as I put down the coaster sometimes, I still can't forget the good points about it which is why it's tied in my number three spot right now. It has an excellent drop which, no matter how many times I've been on it, doesn't get dull at all and leaves me nervous every time. Personally, I like the overbanked turns, and I like the feeling of speed you get going through the whole circuit (apart from where you like, completely stop on the airtime hils), so that's what makes it an okay layout for me.

It could've been so much more though if it actually had airtime on those hills. It kind of pisses me off, but I'll take it for what it is, because in my opinion it's still not a bad ride. Its layouts might be lacking a bit in some areas, but its great in other aspects such as height and speed. It is what it is, I guess, and I'll take it for what it is!

So like I said my vote is that it's not the best but I still like it.

Maverick has the best layout at Cedar Point, no doubt.

Error

Strata Poster
Good layout?

Gonna have to say not really. It's got some great things in it (Like everyone has said, the drop), but it lacks in everything else, some sections are REALLY dragged out.

Gonna again agree that Maverick has the best as far as layouts at Cedar Point.

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
As a layout? It's poor and highly repetitive.

Which is a shame, because with a few more hills and hills that actually have airtime, it could be a fantastic layout.

Agreed. The layout isn't TOO bad.. but they could have thrown in so much more. As you can see what CP did with Maverick, making a good layout isn't hard. I wish they would have just forgot about the record and made a GREAT ride instead of a decent one.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
The layout isn't spectacular, so I'll go with the "it's ok." I could see a lot of things that could've been better, but still it's my favorite coaster as it is, so I'm fine with how things are.

Snoo

The Legend
Ultimate Coaster said:
^Well, being fair, there isn't alot more they could've done, the ride itself cost $20 million.

Well, considering they spent $25 Million on TTD... I think they would have been willing to blow a bit more. Now, had they spent that money on a S:RoS-esque ride instead of the current layout.. we would be talking about how MF has been the #1 coaster in the world for the last 7 years and if any coaster could beat it.

Of course.. thats my opinion. :lol:

Johnny

Hyper Poster
The layout looks pretty average in my opinion. Not bad, but not great either. The first drop and the first overbank appeal to me, but other than that the rest of the layout doesn't look anything special.

I really think that for a ride that's 310 feet tall and reaches speeds on 93mph, you would've expected a lot more airtime hills than it already has.

Either way it still looks like quite an exhilarating ride.

Jake

Strata Poster
A coaster with a 300ft drop should have more than a few overbanks and 3 hills. It looks rubbish.

Almost

Hyper Poster
^Basically.

Overbank
Turn
Airtime hill
Overbank
Overbank
Airtime hill
Turn
Airtime hill
Overbank

90+ mph and you only have 3 airtime hills that apparently produce almost no air? Give me a break.

It seemingly is a good layout. As in...if every element was forceful and every airtime hill gave great pops of ejector then yes, it would be a decent layout. But as it stands....no.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
A coaster with a 300ft drop should have more than a few overbanks and 3 hills. It looks rubbish.

Ture it doesent have the best layout, but being almost upsidedown (high above the ground) going 93mph is a cool fealing.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
When I went to Cedar Point I loved the layout of MF I thought the drop was awesome. I did a VIP thing and got to budge the lines so I ended up riding it 9 times.

Almost

Hyper Poster
jacob21 said:

Ture it doesent have the best layout, but being almost upsidedown (high above the ground) going 93mph is a cool fealing.

Your not going 93 mph at the top of the overbank.

^Not to mention it's an overbank, designed to convert the train's forces to an acceptable level...so no matter how fast you take it, you're still feeling the same amount of G's as if you took a small overbank at a slower speed.

It's not as if it matters how fast you're in the overbank - the fact the overbank size is proportional with the speed means it doesn't make a difference.

Yeah, you're right but I know a lot of people really like the first overbanked turn rather than all the other, smaller ones, including myself. My reasoning? I honestly couldn't give you one, I just like it. Maybe it's just that people know it's bigger or something. However, isn't the first overbanked turn on a more upside downish angle (bad way to word it, but whatever) than the other ones?

I dunno though, but I do know a lot of people like it myself included, and like I said I couldn't really tell you why!

However, unfortunately the first overbanked turn and the first drop are the only things I really love about the coaster's layout </3 Speeding about is great but it's a shame they didn't make the train speed about on a better layout.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I have looked at pictures and ridden a NL recreation, which isn't identical has the basic idea of the coaster.

The drop looks amazing, but that is all that seems to get me. The airtime hills look boaring and don't really look like the pack that much airtime into it, I maybe wrong but that is what it looks like. Also it is very short!

It's Ok.