What's new

Do you take your shoes off while riding inverts/flyers?

and the answer is.......

• yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

c&r

Mega Poster
No. I took my shoes off on air once at night, and all I could feel was my feet slowly slipping out (they obviously weren't BTW) I mean I like freedom.... but not like that!

Sam

Giga Poster
Only if it's a ride that I don't get to ride very often, so all outside UK and at Alton Towers I do, but on Inferno I never bother.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I've never felt the need to be honest, and never really understood why others do, apart from to save their shoes from falling off. Nah, it's still good with shoes on!

Titan

Mega Poster
It depends on what shoes Im wearing. If Im wearing my old-ass annoying sandals I wont take 'em off as theyre a pain to put back on. But if theyre just flip-flops or newer sandals then yes I will. Its best to take your shoes off on B&M megas rather. Dunno why, I guess cause theyre as open as any flyer or invert only your above the track and your getting the speed and airtime. You just feel so free.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I never do, i can't see why people do unless they are wearing sandals or something like that. trainers and normal shoes tend to stay on i see, as it's not very often you see a stray shoe around the ride area lol!!

A

Anonymous

No, I usually wear basketball shoes when I go to a park.

A

Anonymous

I did. Its not that I feel I will lose my shoes. Its just, your feet are locked in your shoes all the time, and when they aren't, theres no wind or anything. So 65 MPH wind on your feet feels wicked cool.

However, now that I wear high-tops, its just not worth it...lol.

A

Anonymous

If I can just slip my shoes on and off I'll ride without them. Like arrowfanman said, it is a relief from wearing shoes all day.

Homer

Hyper Poster
I wear Vans, so it aint worth it, but if its one of those rare occassions in which I wear sandals, then yes, I will take em off.

Nothing like the feeling of your feet breathing at high speeds.

JonSev

Roller Poster
Well I wear my shoes very loose, like if I kicked the air it would most likely fall off. But I never actually take my shoes off. I usually push them in (like push down on the front so the back pushes up) to make sure it doenst fall out if Im worried about it.

aly

Mega Poster
I sometimes do depending on what type of footwear I'm wearing, however some Rolelr Coasters require footwear to be worn incase you need to be evacuated on the lift section.

It does, however feel rather good riding a roller coaster with nothing on your feet!

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
I thunk british helath and safety require shoes to be worn at all times, but that just may be me...........I haven't tried taking my shoues off before on coasters, only on drop towers!

The Claw

Hyper Poster
No even though I rarely get the chance to go on an invert (since there's only one decent one on the Gold Coast). I always wear fully closed shoes whenever I go out so I don't see the point. I hate tying up shoe laces anyway!

A

Anonymous

No - don't want to risk losing them and I don't think you're meant to take them off anyway!

joe

Mega Poster
No. My shoes are tied up tight. They never fly off, and I dont think it will ever happen. I see people wearing hats on Drop Towers and Inverts.

A

Anonymous

ALWAYS.

I wear flip flops to parks just so I can ride barefoot. It just feels so free!!!

I guess I'd have to wear tennis shoes in Europe though...lame.

They make you keep your shoes on on SheiKra, even flip flops. Your feet do dangle, but I've yet to see anyone lose a shoe.

kir

Hyper Poster
I take my shoes off where and when possible/of benefit. It makes enough of a difference to make the ride feel that little bit more exposed, and there's nothing like skimming over ground with your feet dangling in the wind. With shoes on you can't really feel the speed, but a free pair of feet means you can enjoy the liberation that little bit more. I am sometimes asked to put my shoes back on but generally I get away with it. Tis cool!

Mark

Strata Poster
No. I have never needed too, if I had some sort of loafer style sandals then I might take them off but because I normally just wear my black shoes or my laceless trainers (sneakers) I don't have to.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
No I have never thought about doing it either....I am too lazy to put them back on....plus the smell!!!!!!!