What's new

Do you rebuild your burger?

• Yes, every time

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Occasionally.

• Nah, from box-to-mouth in 0.1 seconds.

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yesterday I had a McDonald's Big Mac.

The first thing I did when I opened the box was rebuild the burger into a neat pile so it semi-looked like the menu photo.

big-mac.png

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Only one place I do and that's because the burgers are so massive you have to cut it in half to eat it, and that's for a 1/3 lb. burger, but even then, what falls out ends up being eaten with a fork later.

So no.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No, I don't.

I rarely order burgers though because I'm a fussy bastard. I don't like ketchup (actually, I am physically ill when confronted with it), I dislike gherkin, not a fan of mayonnaise and mustard doesn't cut it for me.

Special sauce? **** off!

So when ordering a burger, I need to:

a) know exactly what it contains and if I need to ask for it without those things.
b) have somebody serving me I can trust to take the order correctly.

Both of these things are mutually exclusive, so I don't order burgers, except a Bacon Double Cheeseburger, but that involves Burger King, which I avoid as much as possible.

Even without these issues, I still would not rebuild a burger because I don't have OCD :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
Furie you sound like my girlfriend lol, she is similar when it comes to eating certain things, Meat has to almost burnt or she`ll claim it will give her food poisoning and not eat it.
Yes i do rebuild it because i like to look as delicious as possible before eating begins, it also avoids mess i find.

Sam

Giga Poster
If there are tomatoes involved yes. I need to remove the tomatoes as they are **** evil bastards and have no place in a burger. If I remove tomatoes then I will spend a bit of time reconstructing the burger so it looks acceptable.

If tomatoes aren't involved I don't bother.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I don't tend to rebuild my burger, I usually just throw it back in the McDonalds's workers face, watch them cry and then observe them rebuild it from the remains on the floor and disposing of it in the bin.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Always. Pick out the gherkins, and then have to make sure all the little fiddly bits of lettuce that are actually bigger than the **** burger itself don't fall out.

Same with Whoppers, have to take out the tomatos and chunky onions.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nope. Although if I bite it and it starts to slip out the other end of the bun I try to shove it back to where it was.

jokerman

Giga Poster
No, although I've never had the problem really with McDonald's burgers.

Of course, when it comes to burgers in a proper restaurant, you actually have to deconstruct the burger, because they're far too large to eat as a whole.

Dave

CF Legend
Like Sam if it has irrelevant fillings such as tomatoes then it needs a rebuild. I don't mind gherkins though, such as McDonald's burgers.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
furie said:
No, I don't.

I rarely order burgers though because I'm a fussy bastard. I don't like ketchup (actually, I am physically ill when confronted with it), I dislike gherkin, not a fan of mayonnaise and mustard doesn't cut it for me.

Special sauce? **** off!

So when ordering a burger, I need to:

a) know exactly what it contains and if I need to ask for it without those things.
b) have somebody serving me I can trust to take the order correctly.

Both of these things are mutually exclusive, so I don't order burgers, except a Bacon Double Cheeseburger, but that involves Burger King, which I avoid as much as possible.

Even without these issues, I still would not rebuild a burger because I don't have OCD :p

OMG Furie you are exactly the same (in terms of burgers at least) as me!

A

Anonymous

Yes I do, to be sure that nothing will fall out when I eat it...