What's new

Do You Ever Visit Theme Parks Alone?

Have you ever visited a theme park on your own?

• No, never.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Yes, on occasion.

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • It's the only way!

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Colossus

Giga Poster
No I never go alone, I'm quite fortunate in that my partner is into rides as well as me, when we got together she was actually scared of coasters, then one day she lost a bet to me and the forfeit was that I had to take her to Thorpe Park, 6 years later and shes ridden some of the biggest, best rides in the world.
She really enjoys now, although she isn't into the ins and outs of the rides like we are, (although she knows more than she would let on) she just enjoys riding the rides.
Its nice because its almost like the best of both worlds, we can go to a park and we can almost do what I want, she is happy to go with the flow and follow suite (that don't mean I drag her around all day ;) ) she understands the importance of a cred run and re-rides.
But also we spend a lot of time chilling and relaxing, its just really nice to share all these experiences together in a mutual hobby, spending time together enjoying ourselves.

That said sometimes when in UK parks, if there's a large group of us I may venture off on my own for a bit, example, Fright Nights, the group will often go and do the scare mazes which don't interest me, however, night riding does interest me, so I'll go off and do that for a few hours then meet up at the end.

But no I never actually go alone

EthC

Mega Poster
I don't think I have ever been to a theme park by myself although, i would happily do it if I could get a cred or two :p

Pierre

Strata Poster
When I had a season pass at Flamingo Land (and no kid and girlfriend :lol:) I'd often just drive down on my day off and wander around.

Went once on a nice day, had a go of Kumali and Cliffhanger, got an ice cream, watched the bird show, had a pint then went home.

It's nice to appreciate the parks in a different way if you have the time and money.