What's new

Do you care about your dark ride shooter score?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My other amazing recent topic about dark rides got me thinking about scores.

Whenever I go on a dark ride shooter, I never bother with the score. I can never remember my score. Sure, I'll check the car/ORP afterwards to see how I ranked, but it's forgotten within 3 mins.

Are you competitive enough to remember your dark ride shooter scores? Do you ride again to better your score? If there was a simple system that remembered your previous scores, would that change your interest level and make you re-ride?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I rarely get to shoot on dark rides since I'm usually filming, so I have to admit I was a bit chuffed with winning the John Connor armband at the T5D shooter during the CF-Live at Movieland in Italy. I gave it another go at the 3D shooter in Funpark during the CF-Live in Finland last year, but someone else beat my score. I think I'd need a lot more practice if I really cared about getting the high score, so I guess it's no biggie.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I don't care what score I get as long as I beat at least one person I'm with. I know that doesn't sound like I don't care but, with what Ian says, 3 mins later I've forgotten what happened anyway. I know I once achieved something like 30,000 on duel once, I think, and I think that was my highest, but I can't be sure.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I might be a bit competitive while riding, but afterwards I don't care. So not really.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I don't think I've ridden any shooters besides Men in Black at USF. Generally I'd glance at the score at the end, make a quick boast to whichever family members I'd beaten, and forget about it right after.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
For bragging rights the five seconds after yes, other than that? Nope.

This.

The only real exception is when My family goes to WDW we keep track of our highest scores throughout the time we are there to see who can get the highest score of the trip. Then 5 seconds after we're home no one cares anymore lol.

Mike

Giga Poster
I'd only ever remember a score if I got maximum points, which I've never had, so tend to forget my score almost instantly.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The only one I've ever cared about is Chuff Nuggets at Drayton because:

a) It's so rare to get both a gun working and be there on a good maintenance day that enough targets work to give you a decent score.

b) You actually need to be able to aim and shoot to hit the targets, it's not just about being able to fire off and wave lasers like things like Duel.

Usually I simply just don't give a stuff.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I usually spend most the ride defending my face while other CFers try and permanently blind me with their lasers.

Where was that shooty jeep ride that didn't even have scores? Bakken?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mysterious Sue said:
I usually spend most the ride defending my face while other CFers try and permanently blind me with their lasers.
It's not my fault that you have a face that I want to shoot at.

lauren

Roller Poster
Honestly, like everybody else, I don't remember it after i'm off the ride. It's fun to beat my brother though :p

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I'm like a lot of you, competitive when I'm on the ride, but after I never remember. However, I did make it a goal to max my score out on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and once I did that I don't care anymore.

marc

CF Legend
I normally don't care as I tend to get bored half was through them and sometimes put my gun away and just look around.