What's new

Do Six Flags’ Justice League rides utilise the same ride system as SpiderMan/DarKastle?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I was looking online at Six Flags’ popular Justice League: Battle for Metropolis dark rides, and I discovered that they utilise an Oceaneering ride system that doesn’t look too dissimilar to the one used on rides like Spider-Man, Transformers and Curse of DarKastle, at a glance. However, I was confused by this, as I always hear that Spider-Man’s ride system is a very pricey ride system usually reserved exclusively for higher-end theme parks, and also that prohibitively high maintenance costs were one of the reasons that DarKastle was removed from Busch Gardens Williamsburg. With Six Flags’ bankruptcy still being relatively recent at the time of these rides’ construction, I’d be surprised if they would have invested into such a pricey, high maintenance ride system for their interactive rides.

So my question to you today is; do the Justice League rides actually have the same ride system as Spider-Man, or does it differ in some way?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
All seven Battle for Metropolis rides use the same Oceaneering's ride system as Transformars, Spider-Man, Empire of the Penguin, and Speed of Magic at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, among others. DarKastle also used the company's ride system, but it was an earlier model (obviously) that didn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer one.

Matt N

CF Legend
All seven Battle for Metropolis rides use the same Oceaneering's ride system as Transformars, Spider-Man, Empire of the Penguin, and Speed of Magic at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, among others. DarKastle also used the company's ride system, but it was an earlier model (obviously) that didn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer one.
Ah right; thanks @ECG! I must admit I’m surprised that these rides utilise such a high-end ride system, as Six Flags seemed to put them in on quite a regular basis!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ah right; thanks @ECG! I must admit I’m surprised that these rides utilise such a high-end ride system, as Six Flags seemed to put them in on quite a regular basis!
Don't forget that Six Flags gets a discount for ordering multiple units and therefore could afford the installations as compared to the price of one-offs at SeaWorld and Ferrari World. Although the seven installations were spread out over three years - 2 in 2015, 2 in 2016 & 3 in 2017 - the order for all of them was made in 2014.