What's new

DLP to add Jack Sparrow animatronic to PoTC

spicy

Giga Poster
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ng-at.html

They are adding Jack as part of the 20th birthday celebration. Complete with 'waterfall' and either Barbossa or Blackbeard on the ship.

I am kind of glad they are adding it although I kind of liked the fact that DLP still had the original PoTC.

Although having seen the Jack Sparrow animatronic at WDW it is the most impressive animatronic I have ever seen.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Yea the one in WDW is pretty good but i'd say the best animatronic would be the Obama one in the hall of presidents XD

but its about time they updated all of pirates of the Caribbean to fit the movies they produced from the rides

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'd love to see a Davey Jones animatronic around the really dark scene at the top of the lift. His squid face thing that he has going on would look quite creepy.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh, thank God.

Now, if they could just update it to be even half as good as the one in California, that'd be great!

peep

CF Legend
^Be quiet, the one at DLP is amazing. I've watched videos about the one at California and it looks terrible in comparison.

Anyways, I was in two minds when first informed as I really liked the fact that it was staying original. I have been told that imagineers have designed the new animatronics to keep the feel of the Paris version and not feel out of place. I'm looking forward to seeing what the end result looks like.

Ben

CF Legend
^Videos John? VIDEOS...

I've actually, you know, BEEN on both of them... And California's is vastly, vastly better.

And everyone on here who I know has done both, agrees with me...

marc

CF Legend
California is the best Pirates by a long long way, followed by the one in DLP. The way the queue in California and the whole atmosphere makes it stand out, sorry to say you cannot get this from a video.

After going on the one in Orlando again I have to admit it is the worst one I have been on.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Good.

Out of the three I've ridden, Paris's version was the worst. This upgrade can only improve it really.

Lofty

CF Legend
FINALLY.

I understand that they want to keep as much of the older attractions the same, but some things do need sprucing up and this is just a small step in the right direction!