What's new

Djurs Sommerland | Juvelen | Intamin Launch Coaster

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Djur's sommerland just announced on their Facebook page that they are closing two of the current children's climbing attraction for the season, to clear the way for the 2013 construction zone. A blue wall has also been set up to block of the view from the area.

They also claimed that the 2013 attraction will be the biggest one opening in Denmark for 2013.
I'm really hoping for a coaster here, but it could very well be something else.

The site is on the edge of the park, with a massive forest next to it, so this project could be huge.
In a recent interview with the park's CEO he said that during the last years the park has bought up a lot of land next to the park, to be able to keep up the big expansion they have done the last year's.

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
Re: Sv: Djurs sommerland claims Denmark's biggest news in 20

Sounds really great! I'm also betting on a coaster, hopefully with some inversions.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Djurs sommerland claims Denmark's biggest news in 2013.

They also claimed that the 2013 attraction will be the biggest one opening in Denmark for 2013

Does that really count for much though?

No disrespect to the Danish, but even here, if we had a park claiming 'the biggest ride opening in the UK for 2013', it really wouldn't mean at all.

Unless of course, we're lost in translation, and it is going to be Denmark's biggest ride?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

I was just about to post this news!

Djurs Sommerland has really been going big these past years, and I love the fact that they keep on going!

I read an article about last years new attraction 'Solguden' where it also said that they would continue to expand the area around 'Solguden'. So this is obviously their Mexicoland that they are expanding, which is great as that area is one of the most unattracting areas of the park (ride-wise).

I don't think this will be a coaster, as they got a coaster in 2011, and a coaster in a danish park isn't exactly something that happens too often. But maybe this has changed?
I would love to be proven wrong though.

And if it's a coaster, I'm hoping for a invert of some kind, with some awesome theming.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Could anybody post the exact quote? It's a little hard to differentiate between:

"This ride will be the biggest of its kind among the rides opening in Denmark in 2013"

and

"In 2013, we will open the biggest ride of its kind in Denmark".

_koppen

Hyper Poster

It says "were making way for Denmark's biggest news in 2013"

I'm not sure what to think of such a claim, but since Faarup Sommerland is rumored to get a new coaster in 2013, it has to be something big, for them to make this claim, and for the project to start this early.

I hope it's not a huge kiddie land, or something family oriented.
Hopefully a coaster, that is not the previously planned 13 style ride from Intamin.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
I'm not sure what to think of such a claim, but since Faarup Sommerland is rumored to get a new coaster in 2013, it has to be something big, for them to make this claim, and for the project to start this early.

Yes, i thought that too first. But then Fårup Sommerland said on there Facebook page yesterday that they didn't have a coaster planned for next year.

And about the 'biggest news' claim, - they did that too with 'Skatteøen' (their Mack Water Coaster) and i'm pretty sure they mean the biggest ride in Denmark.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Can anybody remember when they started construction for Skatteöen?

I don't think they have ever started this early with a project.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Yes, i thought that too first. But then Fårup Sommerland said on there Facebook page yesterday that they didn't have a coaster planned for next year.

Actually, Faarup just announced there new roller coaster for 2013!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:

Actually, Faarup just announced there new roller coaster for 2013!

I know, so they kinda lied :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

Work has started...

22390210151000219981831.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Damn I wanna know what it is!
A wooden coaster is off the table.

The president of the park said they require to much maintenance, and that the noise restrictions at the park is way to low to allow it.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ That's correct.

I've heard rumours about it being a launch coaster that accelerates at 3 spots, and that it will be over 1000 m long. - If that rumours is true, it seems like my dream is coming to reality. It is most likely gonna be a Mack, though I hope for a Intamin the most.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Well, I doubt that it will be a ride of that size, but it sure would be sweet!

I'm guessing Intamin for the park's next ride. They worked with them on a Thirteen style of ride, so I don't see why they would change manufacturer, just because they changed coaster type, when Polar X-plorer was announced for Legoland.

Also I defiantly see a more family friendly experience in the park's next coaster, even tough I would love a new thrill machine.

I'm not expecting this to be a new coaster tough, that way I won't be disappointed if it's not, but happy if it is.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Who says he actually worked with Intamin on it? What if he just considered it?

Plus, they just got a Mack Water Coaster. It would make lots of sense if it was a Mack Coaster.

But yeah, they just got Skatteøen, so another coaster already, sounds a little too good.
But what else is so big? - It isn't a water ride, as they already has invested a lot in that genre lately.

I'm betting and hoping on a coaster nonetheless.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ Who says he actually worked with Intamin on it? What if he just considered it?
One Danish enthusiast I know is local in Nimtofte, and is friends with the park president.
He got told that the park worked on their own Thirteen coaster.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Plus, they just got a Mack Water Coaster. It would make lots of sense if it was a Mack Coaster.
Well, they recently got an Intamin coaster, so that would make just as much sense.
I'm happy either way!

TheCoasterCruiser said:
But yeah, they just got Skatteøen, so another coaster already, sounds a little too good.
But what else is so big? - It isn't a water ride, as they already has invested a lot in that genre lately.

I think it could just be the new Mexico area, with some theming and a few flats. But then, why hype it up so much? When they built Piratland they started with a coaster, and then did the flats.

IMO another family coaster is desperately needed, as Djurs can get som insane crowds during the summer days.
All the times I visited the line for Thor's Hammer has been about an hour.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:
One Danish enthusiast I know is local in Nimtofte, and is friends with the park president.
He got told that the park worked on their own Thirteen coaster.

Well I happen to have talked to the Park CEO to.
And what I've heard is just that he had been on a trip to Alton Towers where he got inspired by Thirteen, no word on him actually working with Intamin on it.

But don't get me wrong, I would love it to an Intamin, but I just have this feeling it'll be Mack.
But let's see if it even is a coaster.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Well, from what I was told, He got inspired by 13, and there were actuall proposals for the ride.
But they have probably been looking at more than one project, from different manufacturers, and have now settled on one, witch I can't wait to see.

If i would be the one to pick the next coaster, I would want a Zierer tower launch coaster, with more of a Euro fighter style layout after the first tower.

andrus

Giga Poster

I would bet on a Mack. Partly since the last coaster put in was a Mack and partly since their launch coasters have a lower height limit (1.3m) which would suit the family market better. It would be amazing if they decided to already put in another coaster of that size! Seems like the park is doing really well at the moment :)