What's new

"Dixieland Doozy" | Jul 5-10 2010 | Trip Reports

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
DixlandDoozy.jpg

Knoebels, Hersheypark, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Carowinds and Dollywood...and here's how it went...

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. we haven't left yet.. but we'll be on our way soon. Phoenix here we come! :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, it's not part of the Live, but it's part of my trip, so **** it!

Jerry and I went to the New Jersey State Fair last night, after watching the NYC 4th July fireworks, which were AMAZING! Not bad at all considering I'd just got into the country, had it in my head that we were waking up ridiculously early for the first day of the Live, so wasn't expecting to be doing anything.

The fair was pretty cool, much bigger than anything I've been to in the UK (though I've only ever really been to very small local fairs).

There were four CREDZZZ there, but we didn't bother with the go-gator or Wacky Worm, just the spinning mouse and the Pinfari.

Jerry has a lot more pictures, which I'm sure he'll put up later, but here's a few that he's put up on Facebook already:

13432_408090606335_575781335_5026095_643481_n.jpg

13432_408090611335_575781335_5026096_3066770_n.jpg

13432_408090601335_575781335_5026094_4913767_n.jpg

35264_408090641335_575781335_5026097_1337310_n.jpg

35264_408090646335_575781335_5026098_4797286_n.jpg

Pierre

Strata Poster
There were four CREDZZZ there, but we didn't bother with the go-gator or Wacky Worm, just the spinning mouse and the Pinfari.

Hahaha cos thats a lot more respectable Gavin, you stooped as low as a spinning mouse you should have just done the go-gator and worm :p

Snoo

The Legend
Day one complete.. Knoebels and Hershey = <3

Tomorrow is another day at Hershey then we are off to I305 tmr.

Why hellllloOoOo there! It is I, and I am having a fabbb day :) We went to Knoebels, and did some night ridin at Hershey (Fahrenheit, Storm Runner, and Lightning Racer times five). Back to Hershey tomorrow and awww I love the pics they're cute.

So, my faves so far are Fahrenheit, then Phoenix, then Storm Runner, thenn Lightning Racer, then Twister.. Yay.

PS- Gavin... Not as scary as I thought :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
<3 Hersheypark.

See you guys tomorrow! Jerry is crap at hearing/checking his phone :p so if any of you get online and see this tell him to txt me/Kyle one of your numbers!

Snoo

The Legend
Second day was fun as the day was good at the Hersh. Besides being 100F and 95% humidity.. the lines were short and sexy. Also.. Gavin and the kids without the credit had fun on Rollersoaker.. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jQF70om874[/youtube]

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Second day was fun as the day was good at the Hersh. Besides being 100F and 95% humidity.. the lines were short and sexy. Also.. Gavin and the kids without the credit had fun on Rollersoaker.. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jQF70om874[/youtube]
If you sit backwards you don't get wet at all. We drenched a group of kids when we rode. Was AMAZING. That ride rocks. <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Missing Hershey :(

So jealous of you all :(

Though I'm glad you're having a brilliant time :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Just a quick reminder for furie :p
Racing each other on this baby was so much fun! We rode it 4 times the first night & another 4 times yesterday.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRviEonkPM[/youtube]
Gotta go & hit the road to Kings Dominion.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Cheers Jerry :p

As long as you beat Taylor every time, I'm happy ;)

Did you teach her the shark fin method?

Enjoy King's Dominion, another park I miss :(

madhjsp

Giga Poster
It was really cool to meet all of you at KD today! It sucks I didn't get to stay long but I had a great time while we were all there.

Hopefully I can join you all for more of these things in the future

Snoo

The Legend
Ditto! We all enjoyed you around Dan.. we missed you when you departed. Hopefully see you again soon buddy.

As for the day.. KD was okay but not spectacular. Got all my credits.. lol.. but disappointed with almost everything besides Volcano (which is epic) and Dommy (which has always been epic). 305.. the reason for the trip anyway.. disappointed much more then I thought. Without the trim? Top 3 coaster. With the trim? Barely top 30.

BUT! Tomorrow is BGW.. yumm.

Yes Furie, he told me the story of the shark fin method, but unfortunately I only won I think one or two races out of six or so. Booooo. But, Hershey was quite nice, though I can't say the same for Kings Dominion. I think the fact that it was approximately eight bazillion degrees out contributed to my dislike, but the park wasn't the greatest. I was a bit disappointed with I-305, which is a decent ride but the fact that the potential is totally there and you know the ride could have been so much better is kinda sad. I wasn't super keen on Volcano either, dunno why everyone likes it so much.. Dommy and Flight of Fear are still my favourites in the park :) .

Busch was today, loved it. Alpy was pretty nice (though I think I liked Great Bear better), and Griffon was pretty frightening. Nessie was one of the smoothest Arrow coasters I have been on, Apollo was cool, and Grover was.. Grover :lol: .

PS- Dan, add me to Facebook, and Joey.. Unblock me because I <3 you and I still have your stringy.

PSS- Jerry says hi but he is too tired to come on. We have an early morning tomorrow for Carowinds!