What's new

Disneyland Resort Paris

Phewey

Roller Poster
I was in Paris a week ago with a group of schoolmates. Our trip included of course a visit to Disneyland Resort Paris. We arrived at 11:am and chose Disneyland instead of Studios. We headed for Frontierland and took fastpasses for big thunder mountain, and for Indiana Jones at Adventureland. Indiana looked really thrilling because of that steep turn.
p7040689.jpg

We rode Pirates of the Caribbean which was rather boring, although the costumes were great. Then we headed for Indiana and we were iformed that it was closed for technical reasons :( . Being very sad i rode Big Thunder Mountain which made me feel great. Great airtime and the scenery is breathtaking. After this great experience we took fastpasses for space mountain and, we discovered that Indiana was operating again! We rode it and i must say although its thrilling, it was too short. After tasting a french dish we went to Discoveryland!Space mountain was there waiting for us. It was the best experience i ve ever had.The launch is great and the darkness makes a great space atmospere. The inversions were awesome and the steep turns and sharp brakes made me say that space mountain worths a trip alone to Disneyland. Our trip ended with beautifull fireworks and a Disney parade.
030fbq.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Nice little trip report Phewey. Got me all excited for my trip next week :D

Glad you enjoyed the rides though, but Pirates of the Carribbean boring? Not even the swinging pirate or the man being dipped into a well could amuse you? That's a shame :( Sounds like you had a good day though.

What did you think of the fireworks?

Phewey

Roller Poster
The fireworks created a magical atmosphere. I ve heard that French love firworks and i could see with my eyes! Unique experience!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I miss DLP, especially the summer, the firework shows are amazing!

Did you not do the Disney Studios then? RnR <3

spicy

Giga Poster
DLP now has fireworks?! :eek:

Is that part of Mickeys magical party then? I have always wanted to see fireworks at DLP but they have never had any when I have been there.

If they are anything like WDW's fireworks then they must be awesome, especially over DLP's vastly superior castle :)

peep

CF Legend
Yeah, DLP have always had fireworks. They just have a very limited season. It's almost like Alton Towers, neighbours complain about fireworks. Disney can only run them during July/August and on special events (31st October and New Years).

The ones DLP use also have to be quieter than what WDW use although with some of the new fireworks used last year you wouldn't have thought that :p

spicy

Giga Poster
^That explains why I have never seen them then, I always normally visit DLP in the winter or at Christmas time.