What's new

Disneyland paris questions

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Hey,
yes i know another thread about DLP, but ive gotta ask some questions lol

first of all im going on the 7th of sep to the 11th which is a monday to the friday so im wondering does anyone know of any scheduled(sp?) maintenance coming up around these dates (hopefully not but good to know in advance). Also i know schools will have gone back when we (me & my gf) go but does anyone know what the crowds could be like an ish estimate wud be fine just im a stinker for planning lol

cheers for any help anyone can give me!!!!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Noooooo, Indy is shut! :(
Looks like you're gonna have to take another trip to ride it <3
I totally agree with SC. Many people slate Indy for being rough and uninspired, but it is one of the most intense Disney coasters in existance! It's got such a compact and forceful nature it makes it hardly believable that it's in Disney.

But you can cope without it; Space Mountain and RnR are both truly amazing coasters too :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Space Mountain is rough, but so what. You're ment to be travelling through space, I cant remember the last that was ment to be a smooth experience...

marc

CF Legend
Space Mountain is rough not matter were you sit, we tried just about every row :)

Indy is not rough.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^^Through space? I'd actually imagine that was pretty damn smooth. Getting there, yes, rough as hell. Once you're up there I can't think of much that would make it rough.

If we ignore dark-matter and asteroids etc. But they wouldn't affect you in normal space flight.

:lol:

Kebab

Giga Poster
If it was smooth it wouldn't feel like you're going that fast at all, but roughness always disguises the fact you are going as slow as you are ;)

marc

CF Legend
Mission Space at Epcot it not rough, and thats about going through space :)

Honest though Space Mountain is one of the roughest coasters I have done, it is worse than an SLC that everyone slag off. Yet they defend this, very strange.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your time at Disney :)

peep

CF Legend
^You're silly for not liking Space Mountain.

The park should be pretty quiet when you go in September but I think the French (or some areas of France) have like a random day off during the week instead of having a normal 2 day weekend.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Space Mountain is an amazing coaster, despite how rough it is! And people slag SLC's off because most of them are ugly, and it's a commonly cloned model so it's the same old experience everywhere you go. Space Mountain at Paris is actually a one-of-a-kind coaster, it avoids being ugly which ain't impossible if placed in a Disney park, the overall experience is actually very exhilirating; twisting and inverting through space backed with an epic soundtrack and also with the addition of a launch section (not powerful) which is a nice touch.

Trust me I've seen and been on a lot worse; I stand by Space Mountain as a great coaster so try your best to oppose my opinion :)

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Sorry i havent posted any sooner been a hectic few days lol.
But yah cheers for that link was looking for somthing like that everywehere but alas it eludid(sp?) me lol.

and seems a good week to go i feel, but sad that i get to miss indy this time round, have ridden forewards and backwards but this is the second time my gf has been and last time she went she was too small to ride anything so yah. Not a credit missed tbh just have to take her to brighton pier :wink: lol

But yah is it a majority peice of mind that it should be light crowds for the dates that i am going?
(sorry didnt read the majority of comments and missed peeps comment.....cheers for the info well we fly out in very early hours of the monday and fly back late hours of the friday but taking thursday out as a culture day for my gf and havent been to paris in a while so yah.......so we shud in theory be able to just chill out and grab quite a few rides on everything?!?!?!?)

cheers peeps!!! :shock:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
kebab said:
Trust me I've seen and been on a lot worse; I stand by Space Mountain as a great coaster so try your best to oppose my opinion

Bless!

Space Mountain is an amazing coaster, despite how rough it is!

So, you're admitting that it's rough. Good, we agree on that. An amazing coaster, no. The effects and soundtrack, which are nothing special, are disguising a coaster which could be mediocre, at best, if it was smooth, which it isn't. You will rarely hear me complaining of roughness; Space Mountain is one of very few exceptions.

And people slag SLC's off because most of them are ugly

Do they? Where? I thought people slag SLCs off because they usually find them rough. Anyway, we're not talking about SLCs, so you have no point whatsoever.

Space Mountain at Paris is actually a one-of-a-kind coaster

Fortunately.

it avoids being ugly

By being in complete darkness. If you have to do it with the lights off to find it attractive, you should probably avoid doing it at all.

twisting and inverting through space

slamming your head and shoulders through a dark building with effects which are infinitely inferior to the Space Mountain coasters at the other parks.

with an epic soundtrack

which you can hardly hear. I'll give you that might have just been the day I was there, but others have said the same.

with the addition of a launch section (not powerful) which is a nice touch.

which is the only redeeming feature, and is really not up to much anyway, especially with Rock 'n' Rollercoaster right next door, which takes everything Space Mountain has and does it ten times better.

Space Mountain is s **** t.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
*puts hand up*

I actually think Space Mountain DLP is a wicked coaster. Yer its rough, but that doesn't make it bad. Hell, Nemesis Inferno is rough, and is pants in my opinion. Everyone has their own tastes, and we all get different things out of a coaster.

Anyway, Big Thunder Mountain DLP is the best coaster created! :D

Kebab

Giga Poster
Name me one coaster in Europe which utilises effects and theming of Space Mountains calibre outside of Disneyland? And don't take the piss by saying X://NWO :)