What's new

Disneyland Paris Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just looking at prices and stuff, and it's possible to pre-book a 1 day/2 park pass for £36, which is great. I'm just wondering if it's really possible to do both parks in 1 day though.

To be honest, the studios really don't look like they need a full day, but the main park does. Also, both parks close at 7pm on those days.

I'll be going on a weekday around the middle of March (sometime between the 18th-25th), so I'm assuming it shouldn't be too busy. Obviously, it's impossible to know exactly, but has anyone else been before around that time? How was it?

So, basically, 9 hours to do both parks, preferably with a few re-rides, on a weekday in March. Realistic?

Ben

CF Legend
Last year I went on weekdays, but a *little* later, around the 27th and 28th. These didn't *quite* fall into the English Easter Holidays, they were the week before, BUT, about the French I don't know. The park was open a bit later than it is for you (either 8 or 9), so that does seem to suggest it was busier.

Your dates don't fall into the Easter Holidays do they...? I'm still at uni, so, I'll say no... I have NO idea when Easter is, haha.

Last year, the only real problem I had was with Crush. I'd say be at the Studios first, RUN to that first when the park opens, and do it. Then Tower and RnR... and then you can pretty much leave there by, like, 12? 1? The main park in the remaining time should be OK, Indy was walk-on last year, Space was pretty quiet, the only real sticky wicket I find at that park is Thunder. But, if you Fastpass that and hit up Phantom and Indy in the meantime, you should be OK. Or leave it til last?

Crush will be your problem though.

I'd say yeah, you should be OK. Re-rides might be a bit iffy, but, you should be OK.

Mike

Giga Poster
To be honest, the studios really don't look like they need a full day

Yes, if you're not that bothered about the shows.
However, the shows practically make the park, as without them you really only have RnR, Crush's and ToT to do.
Most of the shows are worth a watch, but it's up to you.

So, basically, 9 hours to do both parks, preferably with a few re-rides, on a weekday in March. Realistic?

No, unless you're only doing the coasters, and then it would probably depend on how busy the parks are.

spicy

Giga Poster
It depends if you want to enjoy the parks or rush round them and just get them done.

If you want to rush round you could probably get both parks done yes but I don't think it would be very enjoyable? Although thats just my opinion.

As for the dates I believe that could be the first weekend of the easter holidays for some schools (it is for my brothers school) so it could be quite busy. I would try to go the weekend before hand if thats possible.

Studios-

Crush's coaster- As has been said this will be your main problem this thing gets horrendous queues even on empty days and sadly no fastpass. So get to that first or allow at least 40mins + for this one.

ToT- Capacity is great and even when the queue is completely full I don't think its no longer than 40-50 mins, you could fastpass this while queueing for Crush which is what I normally do.

Rock N Rollercoaster- Never experienced a very long line for this and the line usually moves really quick, won't be a problem.

The studio tram tour if you are going to bother with it as it isn't that great never normally has much of a line so shouldn't be a problem.

Stitch Live is good I think theres an English showing every 30mins so that won't be a problem either.

Obviously theres the shows but if you want to see them you definitely won't do both parks in one day. They are all quite long in length.

Cinemagique- 40 mins
Motor, Stunt, Action!- 60mins
Animagique- 30mins.

Disneyland Park-

As soon as you get in the park fastpass BTMR as it always has the longest queue in the park. Then either go queue for Indy or SM which normally don't have too bad wait times, no longer than 20 minutes each. Other rides:

Phantom Manor- shouldn't be a problem.

Small world- sometimes has a long line sometimes it doesn't hit and miss with this one, if you want to bother with it of course. :lol:

Buzz Lightyear Lazerblast- Always busy even on empty days, you have probably seen it all before so wouldn't bother but if you want to allow 30mins

Star Tours- Won't be a problem.

Pirates of the Carribean- Shouldn't be a problem 10mins at the most.

Yeah so it should be possible but you might have to rush round like a madmen if you want to get it all[i/] done.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
To be honest, I'm not arsed about the shows at all. It's only the bigger rides I'd bother with, too, or anything unique to Paris.

I don't really like to rush things, but money will be tight on this trip and the £35-40 I'd save by doing both parks in one day would definitely be appreciated.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I take the Disneyland Park a bit different to everyone else. This I think is the most efficient rout.

Big Thunder Mountain then Fantom Manor,
Go to Indiana Jones and grab a fastpass, Ride Pirates of the Carribean, go back to Indy,
Grab Buzz fastpass, ride Space Mountain, go back to Buzz.

Oh btw. Look on the turnstyles as you enter the park. There are usually fastpass tickets laying about for those who have home printed tickets. Grab quite a few and use one ticket on each fastpass machine. That way you don't have to wait at all... It's cheating the system, but they don't know ;)

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Btw, Gavin. To answer your question. Yes it is possible. I did a day there in May and from 12 - 6:45 I managed Tower of Terror 11 times, Stitch Live!, Space mountain twice, Rock n' Roller Coaster twice, Pirates and Phantom. Didn't do Big Thunder as it was closed as I walked past. But if you do go, I'd recommend doing it for 2 days, as one day is such a hassle.. Its good if you've been before and not really fussed about missing a few things, but if you've never been, two days would be plenty.

alexdude98

Mega Poster
If you're not with the BA Excutive Club, and/or want to take a lot of stuff with you and/or get airsick, try EuroTunnel to get there, its quick, easy, and saves you money :)

marc

CF Legend
If you go off season and in the week you will get both parks done in a day if you get there when it opens.

I have been in Feb before and everything was near enough walk on.

As long as you get Crush done first you will have no problem, the park opens its doors 30 mins before the rides open. Get there for then and go straight to the queue and then you beat all the crowds. From there head to ToT then RnR, unless you want to do the small rides and shows your then done in that park in an hour.

Main park head for BTM 1st and that gets busy even on quiet days or just get a fast pass. Even on a busy day I have never queued for Pirates or Indiana Jones. You should be able to get on Space Mountain within 30 mins during the week.

The rides you will have a problem with are Snow White and Peter Pan.

You will probably get all the rides done hours before the park closes.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I'm hoping that's the "correct" answer for when I'm there. **** Peter Pan and Snow White. I'm guessing they're exactly the same as Florida and Tokyo anyway.

^^Thanks for the advice, but the tunnel is only really any good if you're travelling from London, which I'm not. The £15 flight from Liverpool will do nicely thanks!

Ben

CF Legend
gavin said:
^^Thanks for the advice, but the tunnel is only really any good if you're travelling from London, which I'm not. The £15 flight from Liverpool will do nicely thanks!

Just thought this might need to be pointed out again...

:roll:

peep

CF Legend
^hehe.

I think Infernus has given the best advice, two days would be better. As you're on a budget you can always skip the things you're not bothered about.

In the Studios I would highly recommend Cinemagique out of the shows, if you were going to do one, that would be it. Crush is a hassle as it has a lame through-put. Hopefully when you go it'll be quiet and you won't have to queue long for it, just be prepared though.

In the DL park, I would defo pick up a fast pass first for BTM, no point in queueing unless its near the end of the day (might get lucky and get a re-ride). I would assume Buzz is very similar to other rides you've ridden before, same with Star Tours? Not doing those two attractions would leave up some decent time to other attractions. Buzz seems to always gain a silly queue like Crush.

I reckon this month won't get too busy because everyone is focusing on going once the Mickey celebrations begin in April. So you may be lucky.

Kebab

Giga Poster
You might just be able to manage riding all of the major's at both park's within a single day; but there are tons of rides you'll plan to do and you may wish for a possible re-ride. I would actually recommend quickly doing the Studio's then make your way to the main park at noon, as you can do the major 3 (Tower of Terror, Rock and rollercoaster, Crush) fairly quickly in the matter of an hour and two in the morning; also grabbing a re-ride on RnR if lucky. The queue's will become huge when it hits noon in the studio's.

Spend the rest of the day at the Magic Kingdom as it is really a spectacular park, so much better than Studio's, you also wouldn't want to miss it as it approaches night. Get the major's done first before you decide on re-rides, it all depends on the time and queue's, even on weekdays this place can be hell bare in mind. Try and manage it in a certain cycle such as: Space Mountain> Pirates> Indy> Big Thunder Mountain. Depending on the queue's for these rides (I'd expect 30-60 minimum), you should easily be able to go back and do some re-rides, or even pop back to Studio's, depends how much you would want to ride Indy and Big thunder in the dark?

Everything here is top-notch, for the choice of rides, I would actually grant this as the best Disney park simply for the coasters thereselves. Make sure you manage everything or you'll seriously regret it. And don't miss out Space Mountain even if the majority say it's rough, it's by far the best of it's kind and a must when visiting.

I hope you enjoy your trip :--D

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
I have just had a thought, say gavin did decide to get the complimentary fast-pass, surly everyone would do that and it would take just as long to queue? Or have disney not got this complimentary fastpass anymore?

Ben

CF Legend
^You're right!

Why have Disney been running this system for the last **** knows how many years and failed to see what this 17 year old from Kettering managed to figure out?!?

I mean, day-in, day-out they were curious as to its failures, and now - MAGIC!

They still have it. And it works.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
alriteeee clever dick from central london whos 18!! Just cause im young! whats your idea then? Im just assuming that would be the case! jeeez!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Why the **** has this site become so ****ing anti-social as of late...?

Seriously, nearly every ****ing topic I click on I see at least one abusive post per page.

Status
Not open for further replies.