What's new

Disneyland Paris 2018 seasons

peep

CF Legend
For those that don't know, I have an annual pass to Disneyland Paris. Throughout the year they kept on adding exciting events so we found ourselves just going back more than usual. We visited 6 times in total which I think pushed our limit and it'll be drastically reduced the next year or two while things are under construction. However as I don't really type up reports after each trip I decided to create an overview of the events the resort hosted this year (that we attended).

Christmas in January

Our first trip was actually meant to be for late 2017 but we ran out of weekends to attend the Christmas event so we ended up going the first weekend of the year to catch the last bit of Disney Christmas. Something the whole weekend felt weird due to already having Christmas and yet constantly hearing songs about Santa being on his way. The lower crowds were nice so we got to relax and enjoy rides and shows easily but I don't think we were able to quite appreciate the whole Christmas atmosphere.

poD0jla6j

po9O4IR3j

pndffDwnj

pnmPxFjVj

po01p7hoj

pnsiEB4ej

A queue for a limited edition pin

poxbS1k0j

First weekend of Jan also marks a European tradition with this sweet pastry thing which comes with a small gift

povbQH67j

A trip to Walts means a free juice cocktail...

pmlrPJ6Aj

...And fancy food

One of the highlights was a new Big Band show fronted by Mickey and friends. The finale has Mickey mouse actually playing a drum kit really well. The whole show is just fun with great performers.

pnMW4XDij

poC3SLEXj

Another new show was in the Studios park which was more like a "sing-along" with a couple of original songs thrown in. It was an amusing show but extremely cheesy.

pmyaxfjYj

Also in the Studios is the evening finale show on Tower of Terror which is fun and full of projections all over the place.

pmFUTHbyj

pnOXAayOj

pnziRzivj

pm8rC4Ekj

poXnGIwrj

peep

CF Legend
Season of the Force

For the second year running Feb-April was Season of the Force in the Studios. They added a fair bit this time round including lots of models of the vehicles found in the Star Wars films. The highlight was still the evening show on Tower of Terror. The weather was lovely but very cold.

pmcFvNRBj

poKdONJ6j

polowYnFj

pnHGKBzwj

poyHM1ojj

pmjebtfwj

pmPWrW68j

pnHVp8Q4j

pmAJzeuFj

pmP3SOwqj

peep

CF Legend
Pirates and Princesses

A last minute edition to the seasonal line up was Pirates vs Princesses which we laughed at when announced and yet it became one of the best things the resort has ever done. To the point where fans were very vocal about it's return... so it is! The concept is still weird but the show made for the season is such a joyous, energetic spectacle that is also interactive (dance routines to learn and dance along), it never failed to put a smile on our faces. The show took place on Central plaza with a mini parade before and after with a show stop in Fantasyland and Main Street USA. I was #TeamPirates because they were more fun, even if their dance was much harder to learn compared to the Princess side. They created two new characters to host the show Jimmy Ocean (Pirates) and Betty Rose (Princesses), they proved to be super popular with the fanbase to the point where Paris surprised us later in the year. The weather was excellent all weekend too which was great seeing as we spent most of it in Central Plaza dancing along.

pnHV1cfqj

plDRouSEj

pmLcR2pmj

pmc2Nwf2j

poodQpqTj

pnfc5e19j

pownJsECj

plMKOiG7j

plIF3Ihej

poj8NiI3j

po2nPOmcj

pmyl5A3kj

pokg72Adj

We also had a meal at Bistrot chez Remy which was tasty...

poEBruVSj

poXZ2Hc3j

Special snacks were also on offer. No idea what was in the Princess cake that Patrick got.

poVcbHsIj

pmXahAuZj

There was also a little interactive kids show by the boat in Adventureland with Jack Sparrow. Unfortunately this was popular and there isn't really any viewing areas for the performance space so it was a bit of a cluster but it looked like the kids involved had fun.

pmFGivTmj

Looking forward to doing this festival again next year... in March. Fingers crossed the weather is at least dry.

peep

CF Legend
Marvelous Summer

Over the August Bank holiday weekend Patrick and I checked out the new Marvel Summer of Heroes season. We were excited to see the new mega expensive show that replaced Cinemagique (one of our favourite shows in a Disney park). Along with the Marvel event they also expanded their Food and Wine festival in the Studios. The event now included huts with offerings from several areas of France but also Germany, Belgium and Italy. Before getting to Disney we also popped into le Jardin d'Acclimatation in Central Paris. The new cred was fun for kids but prob the worst Gerst bob out there. The theming everywhere was fantastic, it was always a great city park with not many attractions but now its so much more. We also checked out the new interactive show which was good fun.

po6RAJMRj

pnnwj5Zwj

poIv6Wi0j

pm4Pg8goj

poc3O20hj

poWf2DcSj

plpgnrcqj

pmefJYbej

Lots of new areas to eat for the food fest

pll6dgclj

This coconut pastry thing was a bit sad.

pmuQloWGj

plo7uz7sj

It was hard to get into a performance of the new stunt show

pmwx5j4jj

pmJtulQsj

pnU42UUPj

So the big highlight was to be the new stunt show but honestly it was hot garbage. There was the occasional cool effect but half of the effects don't work (as in, during half of the shows season the big drone thing didn't turn on or the car didn't appear/hover). The updates to the theatre are good but they need to go back to the drawing board with this show. Even the outside show was disappointing, it made us both nervous about the upcoming attractions and shows in the next few years.

pmE69BEKj

pm9fjGkfj

Food wise there was a new Spiderman burger which was awesome! Had this grilled cheese thing in the middle which was super tasty. There were also several Groot themed items.

pnPx8T5xj

pnvpELkIj

We were so disappointed by the Marvel event we've decided to skip it next year. I hope for people going that they seriously improve the big show.

peep

CF Legend
Spooky Halloween

Halloween is always a great season in Paris, the decorations are everywhere, lots of entertainment and food offerings. It was also the start of the park celebrating 90 years of Mickey Mouse. In each land of the park there was a giant cupcake themed to the land along with a "cupcake girl" who had a whole backstory etc and would hand out a button with her character on. We saw a lot of people collecting the whole set of badges.

pmSuZtAoj

pmBEgu6cj

Main Street USA

pliisDzfj

Frontierland

pmbspw3sj

Adventureland

poEEEF06j

Fantasyland

plOMjwxwj

Discoveryland

The park actually added a new semi-permanent show in October, they imported the popular Mickey's Philharmagic. I'm not the biggest fan, especially as the CG versions of the characters are horrible and dated. Still it's a nice random addition to the park.

pnJ5PbjOj

The best thing about Halloween this year was the massive upgrade to the Halloween cavalcade which was to also coincide with Mickey's 90th. They added a new float inspired by Phantom Manor with a magical touch, Mickey would randomly appear out of different doors in different costumes. It was awesome. To add to that there was a huge show stop in Central Plaza inspired by the Pirates vs Princess show. It was great fun and I think we all got a kick out of the Phantom touches.

pnjU4dYuj

pmXyYPKbj

porUMo4Zj

pmyxjLxwj

pnAWKJgcj

poXOH0auj

po5HX3toj

plsO9TWvj

poDswjZTj

peep

CF Legend
Christmas again

We ended the year with another Christmas trip, this time on the right side of the big day. One thing I hadn't mentioned is how ridiculous crowds were getting with each trip, I think this was the actual worst we'd ever seen it, we got barely any rides in as everything just had stupid queues - especially the restaurants. This was also the worst weather of the year where it was stupidly cold and pretty wet on the Saturday night. This meant the Goofy Christmas show on Tower of Terror was a bit of a let down as it was the wet version (so no live performers). Still there were several new highlights.

pnaxGQBWj

pmhnI38Xj

pmanRxsUj

pmMeCwksj

pl404huBj

povRuEkEj

pmgvuZdkj

pnQhUys4j

After our lunch in the Cowboy Cookout we came out to the beginning of madness as most of the "Fab 5" just randomly appeared to greet guests and they were in a playful mood. We hadn't seen this much character interaction in a while so it was a great surprise.

pmNsZiWtj

pm0lglAKj

One of the new things this year was a show in the Studios for Mickey's 90th called Surprise Mickey. It was AMAZING. They even brought back Jimmy Ocean and Betty Rose from the Pirates and Princess festival. The songs were super catchy, the dancers were awesome and just overall left us with huge grins and covered in streamers.

pm2Zee6pj

pnAdrukNj

pmSuh229j

pmCpEafXj

poLD1hBJj

poTZ1opBj

poveao6Bj

plFP9NYej

plpCs4SBj

Returning from the Summer was the new Winter food and wine festival in the Studios which had some festive treats on offer. The whole Ratatouille area was done up for the season and it looked great.

poD8gqjvj

pmcIkdvLj

plahRR5Mj

pl2Cf4dgj

pmxnrXCWj

Other festive treats in the park included this apple mouse with apple compote, I thought it was tasty

Other entertainment updates were the Big Band show moved to the Studios into the Animagique theatre which was a much better home. The performers this year were also incredible. In the Studio Theatre they added a new show last minute which was essentially sing-along Frozen with an appearance from Olaf and Donald Duck? It was random but we appreciated the great live band.

plM0vQ1rj

plIX14ynj

pnVq5Nq8j

poz72VAXj

pogoX7MJj

plIreY8Gj

So that's been it, a pretty ridiculous year full of great entertainment (and some not so great), tasty snacks and good laughs.

Thanks for reading!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Quite the year of Disney! This is a good topic for reference actually - the sort of thing we'd have had on the old site with all the Park Guides! :p

Quality. :) I'd like to get back to DLP, actually. Plans fell through this year, so hopefully can make it happen in 2019.