Which park?

• Disney MGM Studios

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Universal Studios

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spicy

Giga Poster
What is your favourite studio park in florida?

These are probably the best two studio parks in the world, but which one do you prefer?

MGM studios has ToT and RnR.

Where as Universal has Revenge of the Mummy and Jaws.

Both parks have some brilliant shows aswell. I love Terminator 2:3D at Universal.

Then theres the awesome Indiana Jones at MGM.

Personally I prefer MGM studios, but its a very close call!

A

Anonymous

Universal

Mummy beats RnR

And there are a lot of other fun rides there. Honestly I'm not a fan of MGM. Its crowded and only has a few good rides

At universal you got
- Mummy
- MIB
- Simpsons (coming soon)
- Earthquake
- Jaws
- Twister (ok twister just sucks.)
- T2 3-D
- Shrek
- Jimmy Neutron

At MGM
- RnR
- ToT
- Indiana jones

Ben

CF Legend
OMG.

It's actually a question of whether or not TOT and RNR are better then everything at Universal.

They actually are... I mean, other then Mummy, Jaws and MIB there was nothing that really stood out for me at Universal, but Tower, RnR and...

Jake

Strata Poster
I'd rather visit MGM for Tower of Terror, but the Mummy & Jurassic park are hot on it's heels.

\/ Beh, it's all Universal ;).

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have not been to both parks but I dont think Universal Studio's looks that great all that looks good is Mummy but IoA looks amazing.

I think Disney MGM looks better because of Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster.

jayjay

Giga Poster
It's a tough decision for me.

Disney MGM has Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, an absolutely awesome ride and Tower of Terror which is probably one of the best rides ever for its atmosphere. Also, all the shows and backstage thingies are awesome.

Universal has Revenge of the Mummy which is amazingly themed and reasonably thrilling in the coaster section, it has Men in Black which, being a shoot the baddies style ride, is automatically fun (for me) and also has a good selection of shows, effects rides and other stuff.

Personally, I think Disney have the upper hand here. If it's based on rides, it's honestly impossible to choose, but adding in organisation and just the better park, the vote goes to Disney MGM.

Well, I havn't been to either park in 6 years, but from what I remember doing when I was a kid at each place, I would say I liked MGM better.

I understand that now at my age, I'd probably like Universal Studios better, because they have more and I'd wouldn't be chickening out on some things like I did when I was little. However, the things I did do I thought were fabulous. Jaws was cool for an 8 year old, Men in Black, Earthquake, Twister, and all that jazz.

MGM, I did Rock n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, numerous shows, and Fantasmic which was in a league of its own. It was just great, overall.

MGM for now, but if I went back I reckon it'd be Universal.

A

Anonymous

For me it's USF.

USF has a wider selection of rides for families and people of all ages, while MGM basically has only 3 decent attractions. RnR, ToT, and Indiana Jones is what sticks out at MGM. While there are other side attractions, many children wouldn't be attending RnR or Tot...MGMs claim to fame.

USF has attractions for all ages. For the youngsters/families they have
-Jimmy Neutron
-Shrek
-Jaws(trust me)
-M.I.B
-Quake

And they do have ROTM for more mature people.

That's the reason why I think USF is a better park overall. And for me personally, it has more attractions with a better re-ride value.

8) Ace

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Id say RnR and Mummy would be equal, but ToT pulls me over to MGM being my choice, I'd say all the shows and that are onpar with each other.

clecktown

Roller Poster
I'd have to go for Universal

While MGM has great theming, I think that Universal has the better rides
Replacing Back To The Future with The Simpsons hasn't helped because that was a good ride, but I still feel Universal is better.

A

Anonymous

clecktown said:
Replacing Back To The Future with The Simpsons hasn't helped because that was a good ride.

While the majority will always believe BTTF was a classic ride, I think it was time to go. Next to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride it will be my most missed ride. I loved it, but the ride was just getting to rough and well...it was out of shape.

I believe the Simpsons will bring in a crowd, and am very excited to see something new. Universal has fallen in attendance this past year, and they needed some sort of spark. I think, for now, this is a good move.

8) Ace

marc

CF Legend
MGM always does feel crowed. Universal though feels old and dirty looking I dont know why I just always felt that.

MGM is brighter and does have more to do. Universal needs updating its a big park with lots of wasted space.

I could spend a whole day at MGM but only a few hours at Universal, tbh I done both Universal Parks in 1 day.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Universal suited for families? More than Disney? What the hell are you on?

Universal, as I'm sure anybody will agree who has ever been, are money grabbing idiots. The studios is, quite frankly, pathetic. The only argument I would have is the Mummy. When that first opened, it was absutley brilliant, but a more recent visit made me realised it has aged so badly, and it's pretty crap now in comparison, and compared to Rock'n'Roller Coaster. ToT is pretty much the best dark ride of all time, and if anybdoy, especially even crappy Universal, ever create a show as amazing as Fantastic, then I'll eat my bloody hat!

Universal Studios is about as bland, boring, and a waste of time and money as you can possibly get, especially when MGM and the other Disney aprks are so close anyway.

But Universal suited more for families? You're barking mad.

Echoes

Mega Poster
MGM Studios owns, with its spectacular theming and thrilling rides, though the simulators and dark rides at Universal are no slouch. However, if the poll was MGM vs. IOA, I think the decision would become much harder..