What's new

Devon theme parks

Brookes

Giga Poster
I'm going to Devon for a week's holiday in the last week in August, and I have been allowed to choose a theme park for us to go on one day. We are staying around the Paignton area, and it can't be too far away as we want to drive there are back. My first choice was Milky Way, as I think it is the best in terms of things to do, value and location, plus the 3 coasters obviously. For people who have been to the theme parks in Devon, which one do you think will be best?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm going down to Cornwall for the last two weeks in August, and it seems to me that Cornwall and Devon are pretty awful in terms of theme parks. If anyone knows of any amusement parks around there I would also be grateful.

Ben

CF Legend
Milky Way is probably your best bet in Devon, or Flambards in Cornwall. But, alas, it isn't "real" theme park country...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Milky Way - BUT! Only if you're with your family. They don't let groups of teens in on their own!

Go though, just because it's friendly and one of those lovely quirky little places.

Don't expect Alton or Thorpe (or even Paultons) though. However, do EVERYTHING there :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Yeah I don't expect anything amazing, just a small park with a couple of rides. I am going with my family which will consist of a broad age range so they should let us in. I think we'll be going Milky Way then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I have to say go because they were lovely to me last year :)

It's also because it great. If I'd had the same treatment from Thorpe, I'd have still said the place was pants :p

nealbie

CF Legend
furie's report last year was the sole reason our family ended up spending the day there last year on our way down to cornwall.

Mind you my back hasn't been the same since the vertical drop slide :lol: