• Detonator@Thorpe Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apocalypse@Drayton Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Detonator.

Mainly because I ****ing hate the damn things,but I do manage to drag myself on to Det.

There's no way I'd ride Apocalypse.......Ever.

peep

CF Legend
Det, obviously!

The whole standing up thing on Apocalypse is meh and if your male the landing is not very fun. Det feels more forceful and is just more enjoyable overall.

I wouldn't make a video on if CF peeps love det on not for no reason*.

*Well I would, but shhh

Scarlet

Mega Poster
oriolat2 said:
Shut up Ben!

LOL! I pissed myself at that, I can imagine him fuming at the screen!

And at "Orio" too, hahahaha.

Ben said:
But worse.

Don't forget worse.

By a significant margin.

Don't forget the margin. It's big.

And Ben when I saw you as the last poster in here I was excited to read your comments about Det, but alas there were none :(

You just came in to ponce </3 (<3)

A

Anonymous

I don't know to be honest, I aint going to vote as it is very close!
Apocalypse is very good, not very forefull but it gets me everytime, I can't use the stand-up with floor no more as it feels so uncomfortable with me feeling crushed against the restraints! I like stand-up floorless too as I feel a bit exposed!
Detonator is forceful and a very good tower ride! The loss of the music is not great and also the pneumatics (or what ever they are) don't always seem to work! When they did work it was amazing!

Detonator and Apocalypse are both amazing towers, but Cliffhanger at Flamingo is a great tower too when both shot and drop are working!

A

Anonymous

Yea ive been on both, but i have to admit, as much as a thorpe park fan i am, i am going to have to back Apocolypse on this 1.
Standing up floorless is just an AMAZING experience

Scarlet

Mega Poster
I knew I'd love Apocalypse, I wasn't expecting anything from the sitdown side (and it didn't deliver anything either) - so no surprise there.

My favourite was the standup floorless actually, stand up was good but I liked the legs dangling element more :D

But still, not to divert from my ways, although I rerode Apocalypse 21 times at that live, Detonator is still all round better :lol:

721 goes hasn't disuaded me yet :p

Det loves it.

Rush

Giga Poster
Better practise for French exam.

Je n'aime pas L'Apocalypse, c'est ennuyeux et douloureux* sur les bollocks. (I don't like Apocalypse, it's boring and painful on the bollocks.)

J'adore le Det, c'est passionant et ne douloureux* pas sur les bollocks. (I love Detonator, it's exciting and is not painful on the bollocks.

*I'm not sure if that does mean painful, bloody internet translater better be right.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Yes, Dolores (i think that's the right word) is Latin for pain. Hence Dolores Umbridge...
Also, as a side note, pain is measured with a dolorimeter. In what unit? Dols, of course!

nealbie

CF Legend
We have to look at this in a way that we can fairly judge the two as the same, and the only way to do that with these two is to judge the sit down side of Apocalypse.

So not only based on my opinion, but the opinion of others, the only thing that Apocalypse wins on is the stand up sensation, but to compare them properly and select only the sitting side...

...Detonator wins hands-down